Which Recorders Have Problems recording Cable TV stations

vbimport

Some Recoders have problems recording cable TV stations or at least some of them, even the none premium ones.

My Liteon LVW 5005 had no problems
My Panasonic EZ27 and ES25/15 only had problems once with the SciFi ch and the Millitary ch
The LG RC797T had problems recoding many cable channels.

My cable company is Charter, both standard box and DVR.

Some people are finding recording problems is DVD Recorders they did not have with their VCR.

Please share your experience the information is important to many members.

Thanks, CCR

My Philips DVDR-5500 has no problems whatsoever recording cable channels. Also records Freeview channels fine.

My cable company is Virgin Media, BTW. Standard set-top box, nothing fancy.

Thought it might be handy for folk to know which makes/models have no problems, too :slight_smile:

No problems with with a Sony RDR-GX330 - provider is Time Warner who happily takes my money every month.

Thanks for your input.

Oddly my Charter DVR will record premiums, but premiums on demand? my Panasonics will record both.

hi all,i have three panasonic recorders dmr-85h,es20,a crappy ez27.sense i bought it on amazon i:ve had all kinds of trouble.u99 is allways on,tryed cleaning spindle,firmware up date,won,t record rw,or ram.new panasonic ram disc.still locks up.timed recordings start stop locks up.have to keep resetting set up,scan channels .have over the air antenna.three set top boxes,other units record fine.panasonic has no answers,keep saying try new discs.about ready to scrap it:doh:please help

[QUOTE=CCRomeo;2157573]Some Recoders have problems recording cable TV stations or at least some of them, even the none premium ones.

My Liteon LVW 5005 had no problems
My Panasonic EZ27 and ES25/15 only had problems once with the SciFi ch and the Millitary ch
The LG RC797T had problems recoding many cable channels.

My cable company is Charter, both standard box and DVR.

Some people are finding recording problems is DVD Recorders they did not have with their VCR.

Please share your experience the information is important to many members.

Thanks, CCR[/QUOTE]

When I connected my Sony DVD recorder to my cable box with HDMI cable I could not record video because of HDCP (high definition content protection). When I removed the HDMI cable and went back to componet cables I was able to record both video and audio. In the last two weeks,however, I have been having trouble recording on certain channels. A message appears on the screen saying cannot record because of copyright protection. I called Bright House, my cable company, for information as to which channels had copyright protection and they had no answer. I’m not sure whether this is a cable box problem or a DVD recorder problem.

It’s probably a recorder problem as many new ones are too sensitive to the copy flags and throw up false positives all the time. Some of the Sony’s are known to do it and some of the newer Magnavox and Philips ones can as well though I own a Philips 3575 and it has never done that one.
You might want to head over to http://www.avsforum.com/ and check out their forums on your recorder and others to see if there are any fixes or other ideas for it.