Which recorder to use?

hello,

I’v been burning music with no problem with Nero. All of a sudden when it asks me which recorder i want to use, the only option i have is Image recorder [CD-R/RW]. Could someone tell me why Nero is not allowing me to burn music?

thank you!

Hi and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Do windows is able to “see” your burner? Is it only nero that don’t see the burner anymore?

Did you do some new software or hardware installations?

thanks for the quick reply.
I haven’t installed anything on the computer, could the problem be with configurations? I’m not sure how to answer your question "Does windows see my burner? please advise what can I do step by step to correct this.

thanks,

Go to desktop, and double click on “my computer”. Do you see your burner icon here?

no.
I only see…floppy disc A:, C:drive, D:drive and shared documents folder.

This explain why nero don’t see anymore your burner: it is because windows don’t see it anymore.

Have you done some hardware modifications recently? Check if cables are connected correctly.

Have you done some firmware upgrade?

but then why i’m able to open NERO and select the songs I want to burn.
when I clicked “save tracks to HD” a window popped saying “no drives found”??? not sure what that means…
the only thing i can tell you is that i took the computer to futureshop for scanning for viruses…but that’s all. they didnt install anything.

What do you see clicking here (see the arrow)? Do you see only Image recorder?

I only see image recorder in my Nero drop down menu.

The only thing that I can imagine right now is that the drive cables were somehow detached or damaged.

Can you check cables?

everything seems fine at the back, is there a particular cable i should pay attention to?

Both IDE and Power cable should be correctly plugged.

Before to open the case, try another test. Go to desktop and right click on “my computer”

Select “Properties”

Select “hardware” tab

Press the “Device manager” button

Expand the item “CD-DVD ROM drives”

What do you see here? Is your burner in the list? Do you see any yellow marks here?

I dont see “CD_DVD ROM drives” there. (i doubled checked)
The only yellow exclamation mark i see is for an unkown imaging device.

Probably the guys of futureshop did some mess in your computer.

Try to do a reset of your computer; maybe this solve.

I appreciate your time and help.

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

I’m sorry that I wasn’t able to help you to solve this problem :frowning:

Go to control panel>system>hardware>device manager>DVD/CD-Rom drives. Does it show your drives? If so, click on them, under General try trouble shoot, or under Driver uninstall the driver and reboot. XP will automatically reinstall the drivers. Let us know how it comes out.