Which programs grok AnyDVD's .dvd metafiles?

Which burning programs understand/use AnyDVD’s .dvd metafiles to properly burn dual-layer DVD’s? I tried using CloneCD and ImgBurn, but while they both think they understand what a .dvd file is, they both error with the same message:

CloneCD:

Error opening Fle MediaType=DVD:
The system cannot file the file specified.

ImgBurn:

Cannot open file: V:\MediaType=DVD

Reason: The system cannot find the file specified.

“MediaType=DVD” is the first line in a .dvd file created by AnyDVD from a DVD. Blu-Ray discs get “MediaType=BDR.” So, both programs are looking at the first line of the file and expecting a valid filename. However, AnyDVD places the filename on the last line.

I tried searching this site and using Google, but searching for “.dvd” ends up with results for DVD instead. Grrrr!

Help!

Have you tried to just play the source??

The .DVD extension is used by Virtual CloneDrive. In the past Virtual CloneDrive didn’t parse the UDF of an ISO when it was mounted so the media type needed to be specified in the .DVD file. The more recent beta versions after the latest official release of Virtual CloneDrive do parse the UDF of the image on its own therefore it doesn’t need to read that information from the .DVD file anymore.

CloneCD creates .DVD extension files, as well, but for a different purpose. I believe the latest version of CloneCD ignores the mediatype information but I may be wrong. I haven’t played around with it much. If one owns CloneCD then I’d advise just creating images with CloneCD in the first place and then you won’t have to worry about the mediatype being included in the output. :slight_smile:

ImgBurn had issues the last I knew. The solution was to either delete or rename the file with the .DVD extension and just burn the ISO. I’m unsure if that has been fixed yet or not by LIGHTNING UK!.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2233494]Have you tried to just play the source??[/QUOTE]

If by this you mean just playing the .vob’s, sure that would work. I’m just wanting the layer break to be set correctly. AnyDVD stores the layer break info in the .dvd file, but nothing that [I]burns discs[/I] seems to know how to read .dvd files.

I guess I’ll just use ImgBurn to back up the discs, and stick with .mds files.

[QUOTE=LazLong;2234319]If by this you mean just playing the .vob’s, sure that would work. I’m just wanting the layer break to be set correctly. AnyDVD stores the layer break info in the .dvd file, but nothing that [I]burns discs[/I] seems to know how to read .dvd files.

I guess I’ll just use ImgBurn to back up the discs, and stick with .mds files.[/QUOTE]

I don’t get your response do you have or have not the original disc or source media?? A simple question.