Which program to use to test C2 errors?

vbimport

As above, thanks!

I use the scandisc function in Nero CD-Speed. C2 errors will be reported as “damaged” sectors. Unreadable secors will also be reported.

Doesn’t have EAC a c2 - error option??

Are C2 errors bad enough to affect the integrity of the files in a cd?

Short answer: No.

Long answer: Yes, in time. You will eventually get slowdowns if you don’t already. C2 erors reported by CD-Speed Scandisk have to be put in perspective with the speed at which they were read. If the drive does not slow down while revealing the errors, not much to worry. If the drive has slowed down, then the errors are starting to be bothersome and I’d say this is dodgy disk at best.

Re-read your disk at a lower speed (use Nero DriveSpeed) and see wheteher the drive sees the errors again. If it does, your disk is definitely dodgy.

Well, how do I avoid getting C2 errors? Anyway, like getting better media? For liteon 40x, which brands do you suggest?

> Well, how do I avoid getting C2 errors?

1st: While burning: Use discs your writer likes. E.g. LiteOn + CMC is bad, Plextor 40x + Mitsui is bad

2nd: After burning: don’t scratch it, don’t expose to sun light etc, use media that doesn’t “loose” data (I had PostTech, Auvistar that were completely unreadable after 2 years).

Use some sort of good storage for them too. Jevelcases takes up much space but they are good. Case Logic has some good products but they are quite expensive.

I have a big CD Album from them and it has room for 200cd’s. Very good quality and takes up very little space.

Indeed EAC is able to report C2 errors. Feurio is also able to do this!

Beware, you need a reader which does truly support C2 errors! Check the list at Feurio’s site in order to determine if your reader has real C2 error support.

Are there any other programs outthere whcih support c2 errors? Are there any programs outthere which can show if the c2 error is a small error or a big error?

:slight_smile:

readcd.

At the end, it shows:

• total c2 errors
  • number of sectors that contain c2 errors
  • number of sectors that contain > 100 c2 errors

i believe Fuerio tells you if a cd is still good enough to copy if it has c2 errors

Originally posted by alexnoe
[B]readcd.

At the end, it shows:

• total c2 errors
  • number of sectors that contain c2 errors
  • number of sectors that contain > 100 c2 errors [/B]

Where can I download this “readcd” proggie?

ftp.fokus.gmd.de

and then:
pub/unix/cdrtools/prodvd

and then choose the newest win32 version (should be 1.11a23-i586-pc). readcd is part of the cdrtools.

Note that cdrtools are a little bit difficult to handle…