Which program AND how do I play ripped DVDs?

vbimport

which program AND how do I play ripped DVDs?

so I ripped the DVD movie to my Toshiba Satellite laptop…

…but I don’t know how to go about watching it on said laptop!!! (I’ve got TOSHIBA [SOFTware] DVD PLAYER, WMP, RealPlayer, WMCenter from Vista Home Premium, QuickTime, IrfanView, iTunes. WHICH of these programS let me watch ripped DVDs? AND HOW do I go about doing this???) Or do I need to get/download some FREE program???

(I’m not interested in asking about burning it but since I’m touching this subject, is it right/OK to use “Data Disc” Mode w/ NO MULTIsession vs DVD-Video MODE??? (I use BurnAware FREE Edition, downloaded @ http://glorylogic.com/download-free.html ) )

Thanks for your help,

[QUOTE=’[burner;2026451’]which program AND how do I play ripped DVDs?

so I ripped the DVD movie to my Toshiba Satellite laptop…

…but I don’t know how to go about watching it on said laptop!!! (I’ve got TOSHIBA [SOFTware] DVD PLAYER, WMP, RealPlayer, WMCenter from Vista Home Premium, QuickTime, IrfanView, iTunes. WHICH of these programS let me watch ripped DVDs? AND HOW do I go about doing this???) Or do I need to get/download some FREE program???

(I’m not interested in asking about burning it but since I’m touching this subject, is it right/OK to use “Data Disc” Mode w/ NO MULTIsession vs DVD-Video MODE??? (I use BurnAware FREE Edition, downloaded @ http://glorylogic.com/download-free.html ) )

Thanks for your help,[/QUOTE]

I’m sure you made a mistake posting two thread with the same title right

i’m so sorry if that wasn’t obvious enuff…accidentally refresh and/or hit return twice on computa

again, i truly apologize…

…but on to what’s really matter here, can any1 help answer my Q?

[QUOTE=’[burner;2026459’]i’m so sorry if that wasn’t obvious enuff…accidentally refresh and/or hit return twice on computa

again, i truly apologize…

…but on to what’s really matter here, can any1 help answer my Q?[/QUOTE]

You can use wmp just open wmp and click on file on the menu bar and select open then navigate to where you saved the video file open the video_ts folder and select the first IFO file and click open ,… it should start playing

Hi StormJumper,

Is there any way I can set up Vista Home Premium so I can right click on the 1st IFO file and say open with WMP? (this way saves me a few steps)

Thanks

oh yeah, and what about my Q on which BURNING mode? and yes or no on MULTIsession?

I suggest the excellent (and free) VLC Player :slight_smile:

If you download the zip package, you can also run it without installation, as a full portable software :slight_smile:

Well since this is DVDFab forum and not the BurnAware forum can not help you on that program, but if you use DVDFab depends on what you prefer like compressed or none compressed

Hi geno888,

as far as portable version, is it the Windows 7zip or Windows zip on page http://videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html ?

Thanks

i also recommend using VLC media player.

the zip and 7zip packages are the same contents. 7zip is a compression program (free), which uses more compression than regular zip and rar files. so the file size is smaller. 7zip is a nice program, can unpack a wide variety of compression formats. http://www.7-zip.org/

use DVD-Video MODE. this will write the video_ts folder using a file system which is compatible with dvd players. i have BurnAware FREE Edition but have not actually ever used it. i am guessing you have dvdfab decrypter?

but then you asked this: I’m (trying) to install DVDFab Platinum 4.0.5.5 in Vista Home Premium and it’s asking if I want to install VSO Software (think pcouffin.sys)??? from your other thread. and you did not reply to my qustion. why are you trying to install an old version? if you are using dvdfab platinum go ahead and install VSO software and use dvdfab write mode to burn.

if in fact you are using dvdfab decrypter then download free ImgBurn and use build mode to write video_ts folder do dvd. ImgBurn default settings work good so dont worry about changing anything, except the write speed.

sorry troy512 for what seemed like i wasn’t replying but i just took ur (and others’) reply to that other thread and ran with it: I ended up NOT installing VSO Patin-Couffin (I like to use my CHOICE of burner SW so I installed BurnAware FREE Edition). Yes, I installed DVDFab Platinum…and that’s the version I have so that’s what I installed.

I am using DVD DATA mode in BurnAware (like I’ve done in other (maybe old…see a running pattern??) versions of Nero and RecordNow–at one time or another). And I’ve never really recall any one time that DVD DATA mode didn’t work (cuz I’m thinkin, once it’s ripped, it’s just simply: data…just a whole bunch of 1’s and 0’s, NO? But I could be wrong as per you: some sort of ‘file system’)…So I’m only posing this to check with my bros out there what is the ‘right way’…if there’s one (just don’t wanna fcuk up big time ya kno)…But i think the bigger reason why i use DATA (vs DVD-Video mode) is because I also copy over NON-VIDEO_TS folder contents i.e. INTERACTIVE contents whatnots…and DVD-Video MODE doesn’t copy all the other stuff for me

YES or NO to MULTIsession?

[B]VLC Media Player:[/B] HOW do I play ripped DVDs? Sumthing like StormJumper said: 1st .IFO file?

[B]WMP and/or Vista Home Premium:[/B] Hi StormJumper,

Is there any way I can set up Vista Home Premium so I can right click on the 1st IFO file and say open with WMP? (this way saves me a few steps)

hat’s the version I have so that’s what I installed.

go to dvdfab.com and get the update

YES or NO to MULTIsession?

no, you want a closed/finalized single session disc.

some sort of ‘file system’

please goole search for iso9660, udf 1.02 and Joliet Bridged.

[B]VLC Media Player:[/B] HOW do I play ripped DVDs? Sumthing like StormJumper said: 1st .IFO file?

VLC will ask to use context menu when you install. this way you can navigate to video_ts folder and right click. then just click play with VLC.

ps i dont know about using the portable VLC. maybe geno888 can reply to that one. :slight_smile: