Which phone is most capable of taking over from the iPhone 4S?

vbimport

High tech smartphones are appearing all the time but which do you think is capable of capturing the iPhone 4S’s crown?

Wombler

[x] Siemens S6 - This phone is Hard as a Rock. And hard to get. And S6 > 4S.

Michael :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=mciahel;2634041][x] Siemens S6 - This phone is Hard as a Rock. And hard to get. And S6 > 4S.

Michael :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

I’ll take that as ‘other’ then. :wink:

[B]Wombler[/B]

None of the above singularly, and all of the above collectively.

Defenitely the Galaxy S3, I think the iPhone 4S is not really much better than the original iPhone 4 so imho the SGS2 is at least equal.

[QUOTE=H3rB3i;2638816]Defenitely the Galaxy S3, I think the iPhone 4S is not really much better than the original iPhone 4 so imho the SGS2 is at least equal.[/QUOTE]
Well, here’s the thing … the iphone 4S brought siri to the world … except here in Oz, it doesn’t work due to our weird accents … apparently.

So on hardware alone, apart from the high pixel density of the iphone 4/4S (which the vast majority of people cannot distinguish anyway), the iphone 4/4S is inferior, or on par, in practically every way.

In terms of software, it’s basically on par with Android for anyone whom is willing to venture outside the gaol gates. The interface is a little smoother for iOS, because they only have their own hardware to deal with for tweaking.

It’s not really fair to compare the iphone 4S with Galaxy S3 directly, the S3 is brand spanking new, and the i4S is about 8 months old.
That said, the comparison is valid because anyone looking to buy cell phones right now needs to know, and the GS3 is the hands down winner atm.

Apparently with the Jelly Bean update the SIII will be a killer

Well you know it’s certainly not going to be the blackberry, Rims shares are practically worthless. This is a prime example of a company that sat back to long while the conditions in the market were changing.

:cool::cool:

Hehe RIM seems indeed nowhere anymore. I guess it will be the Samsung Galaxy SIII too, I wonder if Google will also launch an Iphone 5 killer itself…

Iphone 4S seems to be only an excuse of Apple to get some additional money of the people that just buy whatever Apple launches (what about an Apple apple? :wink: )

[QUOTE=platinumsword;2640851]Well you know it’s certainly not going to be the blackberry, Rims shares are practically worthless. This is a prime example of a company that sat back to long while the conditions in the market were changing.

:cool::cool:[/QUOTE]
As soon as companys adapted the Iphone , the Backberry was dead. I worked for a very large company before I retired and there was no way I ever thought it would go to the Iphone. I looked at the Iphone as toy. But the company owner thought differently and bought Iphones for all the Level 5 employees, and from that time on Blackberry was never seen again.

What I don’t like about Samsung smartphones is the screen resolution, but then the lastest Galaxy, the S III, has higher resolution (1280720) than the latest iPhone (960640). The LG Optimus LTE I bought in October last year has the same 1280720 resolution, so I expected at least 19201080 on the flagship Samsung and LG phones for 2002 1H release.

S III is doing well in some European and domestic South Korean markets. Exactly why LG cannot create better products, nobody is sure. LG used to make some phones better than Samsung’s counterparts, and since LG worked closely with IBM, they also made better notebooks.

I don’t have any Samsung phone other than the two Windows Mobile phones, the M480 with QWERTY keypad and the Omnia, and no iPhone, either. I have one Motorola (the Atrix), one Pantech (Sky brand), one LG (only LTE phone I have), one Sony-Ericsson (cheap Xperia).

You can now at least pay for an iPhone.

Nobody knows though when you will receive what you paid for and the price is rather outrageous: US$1,100.

[QUOTE=Kenshin;2644086]You can now at least pay for an iPhone.

Nobody knows though when you will receive what you paid for and the price is rather outrageous: US$1,100.[/QUOTE]

I meant iPhone 5, or an equivalent one.

Samsung Electronics has just announced over 10 million Galaxy S III have been shipped.

It was expected: http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/06/25/us-samsung-galaxy-shipments-idUSBRE85O01220120625

Source: http://article.joinsmsn.com/news/article/article.asp?total_id=8828980&ctg=1601 (This newspaper is in Korean language and founded by the late founder of Samsung in 1965, but the news quoted a Samsung executive reporting to Lee Gunhee on site yesterday.)

It took five months for Galaxy S II to achieve ten-million shipment. It took only 50 days for Galaxy S III.

It was rumored that Iphone 5 was going to have the holographic projected keyboard. This would have been one killer feature, but it is unlikely will see yet.

:cool::cool:

[QUOTE=Kenshin;2644086]You can now at least pay for an iPhone.

Nobody knows though when you will receive what you paid for and the price is rather outrageous: US$1,100.[/QUOTE]
And you aren’t going to know what you’re going to get …
Iphone 5 … it’s an iphone 4S, but Siri is wearing a silly hat :wink:

Samsung’s another flagship Android smartphone, Galaxy Note 2 is coming soon. It is much like Galaxy S III, but has 5.5-inch screen. Both Galaxy Note 5.3-inch and Galaxy Tab 7.0-inch have been very popular in South Korea because most of them were sold at much lower prices than iPhones and iPads, Galaxy Tab 10-inch and Galaxy S/S II.

Considering that the Samsung GT-N7000 is the Galaxy Note, this upcoming handset might very well be the Galaxy Note II, which is rumored to come with an even larger screen, but in a more compact body than the original Note, thanks to some bezel shrinkage.

The GLEnvironment and System Info tabs reveal an Exynos 4412 processor with Mali-400 graphics, just like the kit in the Samsung Galaxy S III, so if this GT-7100 is indeed the Note II, it won’t be a Cortex-A15 endeavor. Makes perfect sense that Samsung will be willing to use the same Exynos, and keep the Cortex-A15 surprises for next year’s generation and/or its future tablets, considering there is nothing overshadowing its Cortex-A9 out there right now, and the die shrink has already occurred.