Which one?

vbimport

Hi, im trying to find a dvd burner that would burn some of the cheaper DL media as i dont have a lot of money coming in at the moment so really cant afford to go and buy the expensive verbatim media as here in the uk best price i can find is £20 for a pack of 10! thats around $40 lol my current drive is the nec 3550A but with that i can only burn the verbatim DL disks all others ive tried failed but i have never had one failed burn with normal extremely cheap single layer dvds or cds and i burn a lot of them too lol

so basicly could someone please reccomend a writer that would burn cheaper DL’s dont care about how fast will burn at 1x if needed just aslong as it will work! lol also dont care about noise. i am not expecting 100% success rate as obviously with cheaper media there will be some fails but want a drive that wont have a 100% fail rate lol!

here are a couple of burners i have found these any good?

LiteON DH-20A4P
Samsung SH-S202N
Pioneer DVR-115D

from what i have read around here the pioneer is probably the best option BUT the LiteOn would be better for me as its cheaper but what does everyone think??

anyone??

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f107/announcement-whats-best-burner-firmware-how-avoid-coasters.html

[QUOTE=gb2100;2013476]Hi, im trying to find a dvd burner that would burn some of the cheaper DL media as i dont have a lot of money coming in at the moment so really cant afford to go and buy the expensive verbatim media as here in the uk best price i can find is £20 for a pack of 10! thats around $40 lol my current drive is the nec 3550A but with that i can only burn the verbatim DL disks all others ive tried failed but i have never had one failed burn with normal extremely cheap single layer dvds or cds and i burn a lot of them too lol

so basicly could someone please reccomend a writer that would burn cheaper DL’s dont care about how fast will burn at 1x if needed just aslong as it will work! lol also dont care about noise. i am not expecting 100% success rate as obviously with cheaper media there will be some fails but want a drive that wont have a 100% fail rate lol!

here are a couple of burners i have found these any good?

LiteON DH-20A4P
Samsung SH-S202N
Pioneer DVR-115D

from what i have read around here the pioneer is probably the best option BUT the LiteOn would be better for me as its cheaper but what does everyone think?? [/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, due to the way most non-Verbatim DLs are made (“Inverted stack” method), you’ll be hard pressed to find any drive that truly likes them.

Most of the time they should complete a burn, but playback is often a different story.

However, in my personal opinion, I’d say the Pioneer is your best bet from those drives in your list, as they’re pretty good drives with mediocre media.

I’m also from the UK, and know how expensive DL is here - because of this, I use it sparingly, but when I do use it, I go for Verbatim +R DL. :wink:

I have an NEC 3550A and it burns the less expensive Ridata DL media just fine. Have you updated the firmware to the current version?

yeah after more searching ive decided to go with the pioneer drive

I also use them very sparingly too lol if i can avoid burning dual layer i will lol but also where possible i would use verbatim but not always possible so was hoping to get a drive that wouldnt make a coaster out of every single non verb disk lol

yeah the nec drive is on latest firmware but it must be just broke as i tried a verb disk on it also and got same result lol

Hi :slight_smile:
Welcome onboard gb2100. :iagree: :clap:
Must have missed this thread 1st time round.
I have to say that the Pioneer DVR-115(D) works for me.
I have some very poor DL media.(Infiniti branded RICOHJPND01)
The 115 is the only drive I have to complete a burn successfully @ any speed.

yeah ive heard a few people saying that the 115D burned the cheaper stuff reasonably ok so im definatley going with that drive as its also reasonably priced too