I’m going to order a PC right now.
And I have to do this fast until the end of 2006.
Therefore I need two optical Drives.
Which of theses combinations would you recommend?
(no BenQ please)
LiteOn LH-18A1H retail (487C) + Pioneer DVR-111 black bulk (111BK)
LiteOn LH-18A1H retail (487C) + Plextor PlexWriter PX-760A retail (PX-760A/T3)
LiteOn LH-18A1H retail (487C) + Plextor PX-130A black bulk (PX-130A/T3BPB)
The following features should be supported by at least one of the drives:
- good writing quality on DVD+R, CD-R and CD-RW (Verbatim Media)
- BitSetting at least on DVD+R
- silent operation would be nice
- good error correction
- possibility to read copy protected Audio CDs
- possibility to read out many copy protected Game CDs to an image (only for backup!)
- possibility to read out many copy protected Game DVDs to an image (only for backup!)
- fast DVD Ripping Speed (or available firmwarehack to enable this)
- fast CD Ripping Speed
- “Two Sheep” Writer would be nice (the LiteOn is a two sheep or am I wrong?)
- fast error skip (for reading the defective sectors of copy protected CDs/DVDs)
One question at the end:
Are there any differences beside Lightscribe between the LiteOn LH-18A1H and LiteOn LH-18A1P? Is one of theses drives better in normal operation?
Would be nice to get some recommendations