Which of the new Lite-On drive to buy?

i burn Movies, PS2 Stuffs and i want to knwo whic drive to get

LITE-ON Black ATAPI/E-IDE DVD Burner Model SHW-1635S -

LITE-ON Black ATAPI/E-IDE DVD Burner Model SOHW-1693S -

LITE-ON Black ATAPI / E-IDE DVD Burner Model SHM-160P6S -

and if you dont think lite-On is a good burner fro Movies/PS2 What other brand

Atm i have a lite-on 1633s@1653s and seems ok to me but i have seen alot of posts how the drives are as note worthy as they once were.

I would go for the 1693s. I have owned quite a few Liteon drives and the 1693 seems to
burn with the best results. There are a few people out there including myself that have had some problems with the 1635s burning movie and game backups that were not playable so I would steer away from them for now. I have not used a 160P6S yet so you will have to get another opinion for that drive. There are quite a few threads on these
drives so you may want to search them out and look to see what information you can get from them.
Good Luck, Budzos

For what it’s worth, and the pages of 1693s burn quality scans I’ve seen, the 1693s seems to do the best overall with burning many mids, especially MCC003 (Verbatim DVD+R 8x, if that’s your media of choice). If I had another bay open or could get rid of my other burner, I would get a 1693, as that’s already a proven drive. However, if you can find more information (burn quality scans in particular), take the time to review those, then make a decision. The important thing is to take your time, or at least enough to consider as many possibilities as you can, to make at least an informed decision.

I’ve read the BenQ with lightscribe (don’t remember model number) is a good drive. My 1693S has poor CD burn quality, well, you have to burn them slooow! Does great for DVD as far as I can tell. Everyone says the 1693S is really good. I have not burned enough different types of media with it to compare.