Which of the following Optical Dvd Drives is most reliable for burning & lightscribe quality?

vbimport

Hello everyone,

I’ve been looking & looking for days on end on some reviews that have been posted on here about which internal SATA DVD±RW DL & RAM with Lightscriber is best for reliability & quality these days. I’m really not sure what to get even after reading many reviews as allot don’t have a favourite in which I do agree with that as many manufactures produce some successful & some unsuccessful model drives. I know there isn’t such a thing as a “best” optical drive out there even today, but I would like someone to tell me which Brand/Model has been more successful with less problematic than others in terms of burning quality (including lightscribe quality) & playing.

Since I’ve been looking on reviews here, I haven’t quite found which optical Brand/Model has came out first for many in 2009 & 2010, as allot of people have mixed reviews on some drives which makes it even harder for me to choose lol. But, again it’s a very difficult choice to make not only for me.

The most important features I’m looking for in a Dvd-RW drive is playing DVDs, Games and so on, burning & lightscribe quality (just to let you know, I mostly use Verbatim & Sony discs for burning if that helps). Other than that, nothing else I would consider a must have.

Here is a list of some optical drives that I have came across, so I don’t know if they are any good or not in terms of what I’m looking for:-[ol]
[li]Sony AD-5240S 24x DVD±RW DL Internal SATA Black Bare Drive - OEM[/li][li]Sony AD-7240S 24x DVD±RW DL & RAM Internal SATA Black Bare Drive - OEM[/li][li]Sony AD7241S 24x DVD±RW SATA Dual Layer & RAM Burner + LightScribe Black Bare Drive - OEM[/li][li]LG GH22NS50 22x SATA DVD±RW Dual Layer & RAM Black Bare Drive - OEM[/li][li]LG GH22LS50 22x DVD±RW SATA Dual Layer & RAM Burner + LightScribe Black Bare Drive OEM[/li][li]Pioneer DVR-S18LBK 22x DVD±RW DL & RAM SATA Black Drive[/li][li]LiteOn IHAS324 24x DVD±RW Dual Layer & RAM SATA Black [/li][li]Sony DRU-870S 24x DVDRW SATA Black[/li][li]LiteOn iHAS424 SATA Black[/li][/ol]

Out of these following Brands below, which would you consider more reliable/quality for an optical disk drive:-[ol]
[li]Sony Optiarc[/li][li]Samsung[/li][li]LG[/li][li]LiteOn[/li][li]HP[/li][li]Pioneer[/li][li]Philips[/li][/ol]
I am close to buying the Sony AD7241S Lightscribe, but is this drive any good for playing/burning including lightscribe?

Sorry it’s a long question, but if anyone here could answer this for me it would be a big big help to me :). You’re also welcome to recommend me other brands/model optical Dvd drives that you have experienced yourselves or would say is good.

Thank you very much for any comments & answers, much appreciated! :D:D

Well put this way “which came first the chicken or the egg”?? The question your asking has so many different users’ experiences to really make a judgement as to which one is better then the other brand. I for my own use went from HP to Liteon drives and from my limited usage of Liteon not the new drives but the IDE drives is still work although it’s starting to show it’s age. My next purchase would most likely be a Liteon Sata drive. And it seems like from you research you have narrowed it down to Sony drives.

Go with the Sony Lightscribe, should be a good pick. Also if you want the best compatibility you need two different drives, because no single drive is perfect.

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=eric93se;2489408]Go with the Sony Lightscribe, should be a good pick. Also if you want the best compatibility you need two different drives, because no single drive is perfect.[/QUOTE]

I would agree :slight_smile:

Two drives are good 'cos one will cover the other’s possible weaknesses.

Going by the drives I’ve owned personally…for reliability/longevity I’d pick LG or Optiarc (aka Sony/Optiarc) from your list. Another make of drive that I have, that’s put up with tons of abuse and still works reliably, is Samsung.

JMO of course, everyone has different experiences with various manufacturers. :wink:

BTW…that size of font is really difficult to read :wink: