I've been looking & looking for days on end on some reviews that have been posted on here about which internal SATA DVDÂ±RW DL & RAM with Lightscriber is best for reliability & quality these days. Iâ€™m really not sure what to get even after reading many reviews as allot donâ€™t have a favourite in which I do agree with that as many manufactures produce some successful & some unsuccessful model drives. I know there isnâ€™t such a thing as a "best" optical drive out there even today, but I would like someone to tell me which Brand/Model has been more successful with less problematic than others in terms of burning quality (including lightscribe quality) & playing.
Since Iâ€™ve been looking on reviews here, I havenâ€™t quite found which optical Brand/Model has came out first for many in 2009 & 2010, as allot of people have mixed reviews on some drives which makes it even harder for me to choose lol. But, again itâ€™s a very difficult choice to make not only for me.
The most important features Iâ€™m looking for in a Dvd-RW drive is playing DVDs, Games and so on, burning & lightscribe quality (just to let you know, I mostly use Verbatim & Sony discs for burning if that helps). Other than that, nothing else I would consider a must have.
Here is a list of some optical drives that I have came across, so I donâ€™t know if they are any good or not in terms of what Iâ€™m looking for:-
- [COLOR=blue]Sony AD-5240S 24x DVDÂ±RW DL Internal SATA Black Bare Drive - OEM[/COLOR]
- [COLOR=blue]Sony AD-7240S 24x DVDÂ±RW DL & RAM Internal SATA Black Bare Drive - OEM[/COLOR]
- [COLOR=blue]Sony AD7241S 24x DVDÂ±RW SATA Dual Layer & RAM Burner + LightScribe Black Bare Drive - OEM[/COLOR]
- [COLOR=blue]LG GH22NS50 22x SATA DVDÂ±RW Dual Layer & RAM Black Bare Drive - OEM[/COLOR]
- [COLOR=blue]LG GH22LS50 22x DVDÂ±RW SATA Dual Layer & RAM Burner + LightScribe Black Bare Drive OEM[/COLOR]
- [COLOR=blue]Pioneer DVR-S18LBK 22x DVDÂ±RW DL & RAM SATA Black Drive[/COLOR]
- LiteOn IHAS324 24x DVDÂ±RW Dual Layer & RAM SATA Black
- Sony DRU-870S 24x DVDRW SATA Black
- LiteOn [COLOR=blue]iHAS424[/COLOR] SATA Black
Out of these following Brands below, which would you consider more reliable/quality for an optical disk drive:-
- Sony Optiarc
I am close to buying the Sony AD7241S Lightscribe, but is this drive any good for playing/burning including lightscribe?
Sorry itâ€™s a long question, but if anyone here could answer this for me it would be a big big help to me :). Youâ€™re also welcome to recommend me other brands/model optical Dvd drives that you have experienced yourselves or would say is good.
Thank you very much for any comments & answers, much appreciated! :D:D