Which Mobile Phone?

vbimport

This thread is for general comments about your experiences with mobile phones.

What have you got…what do you like and dislike about it.

What are you thinking of getting

What would you like to see in mobile phones in the future

Price plans

etc.

Start with a little humor here

I currently use the LG Bliss and getting the HTC Desire next month.

Just upgraded to the [B]Samsung Wave 8500[/B]

[B]Why?[/B] Good battery 1500mA… 600/15 hours, 5MP camera with a real flash, and HD video. WiFi and GPS (both satellite and Assist). Large very bright scratch resistant screen. Light weight. fast processor. Normal mini audio jack and USB ports. SD cards.

Review

Hi,

This Model mobile phone looks good. Slim, Beautiful and nice.

Currently I have a Nokia 1661. I got it as replacement for a Panasonic GD93 (bought many years ago, I don’t remember exactly when, but probably around 1998 and still working. Too bad battery now is almost gone, and I can’t find a replacement, so I got the Nokia).

Why that specific model? Because it was the cheapest in the store (€35) :bigsmile:

It is very light, and battery duration is very good: more than a week. I have to say that don’t use cellphone very much actually: maybe once a week :stuck_out_tongue:

btw, there is a drawback with that model: something like the iphone: touching the border with fingers reduce the antenna function, a rather annoying issue :doh:

@Deano: How much time did you need to get used to the touchscreen? I feel lost without a keyboard :doh:

[QUOTE=geno888;2536539]…@Deano: How much time did you need to get used to the touchscreen? I feel lost without a keyboard :doh:[/QUOTE]

Actually it´s not really a problem. It was also my first phone of this type, but to be honest, I haven´t read the instruction book at all yet with my limited technical abilities I found everything to be very intuitive and can use most of its functions without screwing up. Still think I made the right choice.
Checking emails while on the road, peeking at and even writing a comment or two in the MyCE chatbox, watching ebay possibilities…all in a few seconds from start is excellent. Don´t have to fire up my lappy in bars anymore as well.

I have 5 GB of audio material for my students on it…and it´s loud enough to playback in classes just with its inbuilt loudspeaker!

The camera is still amazing me with its quality!

Scrolling through screens and typing on the virtual keyboard are also a pleasure!

BTW…I´m paying €10 per month over 24 months to buy this. At the time I got it, the best deal on eBay was €309, and currently it´s €278

Certain Models of the same brand doesn’t have any issues like the issue you have posted. I used a sleek phone Samsung E 210 which was unique in style,battery back up & efficiency.

Italy costs for internet connection with cellphone are rather high so having a smartphone here is “dangerous” :bigsmile:

Almost a year ago I had to change my fav Motorola. I was sceptical, but decided to by an iPhone.

I will never regret it. Extremely easy to use, i.e. you can reach and use all features quickly and reliably. And last but not least: bunch of useful software are available for it.

I’ve been loving my Droid X

when the froyo update comes soon it should be the best handheld on the market(?)

only thing that concerns me is the current Google/Verizon deal which might limit and or censor web results. FCC needs to step in and say… uhh uhh

[QUOTE=geno888;2536760]Italy costs for internet connection with cellphone are rather high so having a smartphone here is “dangerous” :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

I´m paying €10 to own the phone, plus €10 for a “flat data rate”…which is unlimited but they slow down your connection from 3G to 2G if you go over 250MB in a 24 hour period. I think that´s pretty good.

I also use it to make phone calls! :doh:

:bigsmile:

Geno. maybe you should move to Germany…err wait a sec, over here we have forbidden things like Ginas, grappa, good pizza, good coffee…hmmm :confused:

[QUOTE=deanimator;2536834]
Geno. maybe you should move to Germany…err wait a sec, over here we have forbidden things like Ginas, grappa, good pizza, good coffee…hmmm :confused:[/QUOTE]

:eek: Do you live in Mordor?

:stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=geno888;2536760]Italy costs for internet connection with cellphone are rather high so having a smartphone here is “dangerous” :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=deanimator;2536834]
Geno. maybe you should move to Germany…[/QUOTE]For good reasons, there is a buffer zone between Italy and Germany called Austria. There are reports that this buffer zone is a paradise for owners of mobile phones :bigsmile:

Michael

this could explain why I get so many bills from Austria :eek:

:stuck_out_tongue:

The new Samsung Galaxy seems to be the best out at the moment…