Which MEDIA Samsung SH-182M?

Hi,

I bought a Samsung SH-182M (Upgraded to SB002)

Now I recognised I have problems with my DVD+R Media.

Can you say me if this device can hadle this media:

1.Verbatim 16X DVD+R (MCC 004)
2.Verbatim 16X DVD-R (MCC 03RG20)
3.Taiyo Yuden DVD-R 8x eCircle (TYG02)
4.Prodye 8X DVD-R (MCC 02RG20)
5.Prodye 8X DVD+R (ISSM 001/MCC 003)

OR can you suggest better Media?
Is there a difference if you need it for movie or data archiving?

I would recommend MCC004. Look here:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=1572534&postcount=9

Both are excellent.

Keep away from these three. Stick with the Verbies.
The burn quality of the eCircle and Prodye may not be on par with what you expect for archival.
If you can get genuine Taiyo Yuden and MCC, this is not a problem, but eCircle and Prodye are not one of the confirmed OEM partners of TY or MCC, so most likely B-grade or fake media.

If you see IS* media codes the alarm bells should ring! This is one of the worst media codes from a Hong Kong factory known for producing fake media.

Infosmart I’m assuming? I’ve used a number of cheap media codes and fake media, but I’ve yet to stumble onto this media code here in the U.S. (I’m sure I could find it here if I actually wanted to :stuck_out_tongue: ). Sometimes I like buying ultra-cheap media just to see what I get, naturally most of it is marginal at best. Not something I’d suggest to a casual user, although there a couple of exceptions in Hong Kong/China media that are decent.

I would definitely agree on the Verbatim suggestion, particularly the +R MCC004.

But I think that’s a science on its own :wink:

I do this too. I live near a TigerDirect store, and they have tons of goofy fake media. When I can get 25 for $2, I consider that a deal, even if they are crappy. And I’ve had some end up being decent as well.

Yeah when I see prices that good I’m willing to give it a try for unimportant burns. One of the better cheap media codes I’ve found is AML002, they burn fairly well from multiple brands. Rarely ever do I get a burn that is unacceptable, and anywhere from $10 per 100 to free after rebate for several hundred of them. They don’t replace good media for important data but I’m happy with how well they perform.

Yo-

Look at my thread here:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=196251

Should answer a lot of your questions-eh!

Firstly thanks a lot for your answers. Other Question in this way… Does I get better quality with a Liteon 165H6S? I could exchange mine with one of this?Should I?

If you can exchange your Samsung with the LiteOn:
The Litey has a better media support because it has a learning mode (Online HyperTuning).
It performs jitter scanning, and more accurate DVD scanning in general.
There are lots of third-party tools for Liteys.

So if you can do it, go ahead :wink:

The 3rd is no TY, I think.