Which media for 48x or 40x

vbimport

I updated my 40125W to 48125W (VS02).

I have tried Fuji 700MB 32X media but SmartBurn only allows 32x speed.

I wonder which media will work at 40x or 48x speeds with SmartBurn enabled.

Is a list of working media types / brands available ?

So far I have only see TDK Gold disks that have been 40 speed and that has been it. I cant say that I have seen any 48x disks around yet. I’m sure they cant be too far away

I use BENQ CD-R (Used to be Acer)

Works perfect up to 48X. 0 errors. :slight_smile: Smart-BURN: ON

/Dyzan

Webbpage: http://home.bip.net/mikaj/40125w/

Abit KT7-RAID Bios: YH (The best stable bios on my config.)
AMD Tbird 800@1000 Mhz (100x10 = 1000 Mhz) 100% stable!
ASUS Geforce 2 GTS DELUXE 32 MB
SBLive! 5.1
2 x IBM 75GXP 30 Gb RAID 0
512 Mb SDRAM Samsung CAS 3
HP 8200i (Rebaged: Sony CRX-120E)
Lite-On 40125W @ 48125W Firmware: VS02
Pioneer DVD A03
Teac 540E

I beleive Memorex has a 40x cdr out…never used it though…

I use Traxdata 24 speed,they burn at 48 speed using vs02 no problems at all,no errors,perfect.
These Traxdata are manufactured by Ritek,there excelent,underated too
Greetz.
:bigsmile:

check out the info on burns done by me with VS02 and ZS0J:

http://www.cdrlabs.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=4727

Are the speeds mentioned in your post actual burn speeds (with Smart-Burn enabled) ?

How can one see which type of disks are in a box / which type of disks is sold under which brand ?

For instance TDK sells 40x discs, both Ritek and CMC. How do you know what you get when you buy a box in the shop ?

Ritek 32x certified media can be burnt @ 48x with Smartburn on. Prodisc 24x can be burnt @ 40x with Smartburn on. Both gave 0 errors

I am not sure there is a wat to tell Ritek vs CMC unlessit is on the label…you should be able to tell what country…japan vs taiwan

I used CDR-Identifier. What I do is take 1 CD as a sample, look at the ATIP and then go back to the same store and buy from the same spindle. (This is one time I wish there there was a portable CDR Identifier around :stuck_out_tongue: )

This isn’t as tough as it sounds since I’m a frequent customer and the stores I buy from are usually the small ones. They give better/personalised service and are also willing to reserve some material…

Quite a far cry from the Best Buys and Walmarts…

Incidentally, with most CD-R manufacturing plants bought from the same manufacturer, I don’t think it really matters where the CDs are manufactured. :slight_smile: