Which media do you prefer?

vbimport

Ok, recently there have been alot of sales of the good media (ty, yuden etc.). Best buy had the fuji TYG02s, Staples had the Sony +R Yuden0002, and office depot had the Maxells MXLRG01, MXLRG02.

Which do you guys prefer out of these three choices?

I’m personally a TY man myself and go with the -R since I do alot of videogame console backups. I guess it really depends what you plan on doing with your backups.

I like TY, Maxell and AMC(MID KIC) DVD-Rs. Dont know if you get KIC outside of Japan…

I picked up some Maxells at Office depot yesterday(4.99 for a 15 pack) dvd-r mxl Rg02. I have a pack of the same maxell dvd-r I got last week and they are TYG01. Don’t remember where i bought them but as you can see they are different manufacturers. I also go some Maxell dvd+r at office Depot and they are ricohjpnR01, and I got Memorex dvd+r which are CMC E01. All these are on sale for 4.99 a 15 pack. I’ve had no problems with any of them so far. All are 4x disc. I’d prefere the TYG01’s but even the cmc’s I’ve had good luck with. O I messed up. The Memorex dvd+r’s cmc E01’s are 8x

No preference here. If I get good results/burns, I’ll buy them (applies to any discs).

I would agree with most here and say TY is the very best :iagree: Also, have you noticed how well the two halves are put together on TY media? Very smooth, very high quality. No glue bumps. Looks like a disk that should last a long time.

I exclusively use TDK 8x DVD-R, TTG02. Only ever burnt one coaster with it - the first disc on a spindle.

All the media you listed is fine. Generally speaking, any media made in japan is decent.