Which jurisdiction and what law do apply to torrent transfers?

Say i download some torrent file and to get it i have to get a part from

• China
  • France
  • Denmark
  • California
  • Spain

to get it completely.

Can i safely assume that the seeders also are in those 5 countries? (Or at least trying to mask themselves so using an onion router system)

If so, under what kind of jurisdiction does my torrent transfer of this particular file fall under? What law applies to this torrent transfer and its connections?

Just so ya know California is a state which is located on the west coast of the U.S.

In the eyes of the MPAA or the RIAA you would be guilty in all five countries.

This touches on a grey area on what really is [B]Metadata. [/B]Technically it’s data about data which does not break copyright.

In a nutshell Pandora’s box has been opened and good luck on stopping it now.

:cool::cool:

[QUOTE=platinumsword;2413600]Just so ya know California is a state which is located on the west coast of the U.S.[/quote] And a wonderful state it is! Friendly people, nice wine and excellent food (except for the fast food of course).

The reason i mentioned it instead of the whole country is because each state may or may not have their own particular set of laws.

In the eyes of the MPAA or the RIAA you would be guilty in all five countries.
Ah yes, but can they prove or subject you to that?

This touches on a grey area on what really is [B]Metadata. [/B]Technically it’s data about data which does not break copyright.
Well it can break a lot of things, but i’m interested in the real facts. What jurisdiction do i need to watch out for when i try to distribute my (own) shareware games or digital forms of art?

In a nutshell Pandora’s box has been opened and good luck on stopping it now.
Pandora succeeded in letting hope into the world, so i’m keen to learn what will come out of this box. :slight_smile: