Which is the better Nero version?

vbimport

Hello my Friends! :slight_smile:

i 'd like to know which is the better Nero version and how can i get it. :o
i’ve a Nero 6.6.1.4 bundled version, but i heard there is better versions. Is this true?

Thank you very much for your help! :bow:

Hi,[quote=Learning More;2020558]
i 'd like to know which is the better Nero version and how can i get it. :o
i’ve a Nero 6.6.1.4 bundled version, but i heard there is better versions. Is this true? [/quote]Define “better”.
If the Nero OEM version you have installed fits your needs, then there is no reason to buy an upgrade to Nero 8. Instead download the latest update for Nero 6 from Nero.com to have the latest bug fixes.

If you are not satisfied with the feature set of your Nero 6.6 version, then you have to buy Nero 8 (Nero 7 might be also still available in several shops). This also applies if you plan to use Vista, since Nero 6 does not support Vista.

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2020661]Hi,Define “better”.
If the Nero OEM version you have installed fits your needs, then there is no reason to buy an upgrade to Nero 8. Instead download the latest update for Nero 6 from Nero.com to have the latest bug fixes.

If you are not satisfied with the feature set of your Nero 6.6 version, then you have to buy Nero 8 (Nero 7 might be also still available in several shops). This also applies if you plan to use Vista, since Nero 6 does not support Vista.

Michael[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much for your answer Michael. :slight_smile: In fact, i’m not satisfied with [U]this[/U] version.

But, if possible, i’d like to stay with one of Nero6 versions; i’ve windows XP and i do not intent to change for Vista.

The reason of my question is because a friend of mine told me that Nero 6.6.1.14 or something like this was the Nero’s better version ever, but he doesn’t know exactly which version was.

i’m sure that among CDF members there are people knowing this matter a lot better than i do and, as i’m traying to get a Nero 6 version, i’m asking for the better one… :iagree:

Once again, Michael, thank you very much for your time and help. :bow:

[QUOTE=Learning More;2020702]Thank you very much for your answer Michael. :slight_smile: In fact, i’m not satisfied with [U]this[/U] version.

But, if possible, i’d like to stay with one of Nero6 versions; i’ve windows XP and i do not intent to change for Vista.

The reason of my question is because a friend of mine told me that Nero 6.6.1.14 or something like this was the Nero’s better version ever, but he doesn’t know exactly which version was.

i’m sure that among CDF members there are people knowing this matter a lot better than i do and, as i’m traying to get a Nero 6 version, i’m asking for the better one… :iagree:

Once again, Michael, thank you very much for your time and help. :bow:[/QUOTE]

I found 6.6.o.18 to be very good. Some people also say 6.6.1.15 is very good

[QUOTE=Donewell;2020752]I found 6.6.o.18 to be very good. Some people also say 6.6.1.15 is very good[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your help, Donewell.

Do you know how or where i can get the 6.6.1.15, please?

Again, Donewell! Thank you very much! :bow:

http://filehippo.com/

Search for Nero. I’m not sure if it’s a trial version.

Dear Jeff

Thank you very much for your info. :bow:

[QUOTE=Learning More;2020762]Thank you for your help, Donewell.

Do you know how or where i can get the 6.6.1.15, please?

Again, Donewell! Thank you very much! :bow:[/QUOTE]

Here

Dear Donewell,

Thank you very much for your info. :bow:

Hi there Learning More!

You can also download a Nero Update from the official Nero site. Go to http://www.nero.com/eng/downloads-nero6-update.php just enter a (fictional ;)) E-Mail address and then you’ll get Version 6.6.1.15a .

Well, this should be the last official version, or am I missing something (on filehippo they talk about 6.6.1.15[B]c[/B])?

[QUOTE=Megodin;2023119]Hi there Learning More!

You can also download a Nero Update from the official Nero site. Go to http://www.nero.com/eng/downloads-nero6-update.php just enter a (fictional ;)) E-Mail address and then you’ll get Version 6.6.1.15a .

Well, this should be the last official version, or am I missing something (on filehippo they talk about 6.6.1.15[B]c[/B])?[/QUOTE]

Hi, Megodin, :slight_smile:

Thank you for your info! BTW on filehippo you can get 6.6.1.15c (Commercial Trial). i think this was one of the latest nero 6 version.

Best regards :slight_smile:

2 thoughts:

1. There is a 6.0.1.18. I could be wrong but I BELIEVE .18 switched to the Nero 7 engine. At the time, others also believed that was the case. One thing I definitely noticed is that .18 stated on Win 98 Se that they’re wasn’t enough available memory. I also had that issue with 7.x, but not with any other 6.0.x. I’ve chose to use 6.0.1.15.

2. I also have a question on a similar topic. While I only tried early versions, I didn’t like 7.x as much as 6.x. For those who have used all 3, how is 8.x? Is it worth paying for the upgrade? the features i use the most on 6.x are burning, video authoring with Nero Vision, show time & media player.

[QUOTE=MooMooMooMoo;2023645]2 thoughts:

1. There is a 6.0.1.18. I could be wrong but I BELIEVE .18 switched to the Nero 7 engine. At the time, others also believed that was the case. One thing I definitely noticed is that .18 stated on Win 98 Se that they’re wasn’t enough available memory. I also had that issue with 7.x, but not with any other 6.0.x. I’ve chose to use 6.0.1.15.

2. I also have a question on a similar topic. While I only tried early versions, I didn’t like 7.x as much as 6.x. For those who have used all 3, how is 8.x? Is it worth paying for the upgrade? the features i use the most on 6.x are burning, video authoring with Nero Vision, show time & media player.[/QUOTE]

I have used all 3 . The last releases in 6 and 7 are fine, and i’m now on the latest release of 8, and so far no problems, I like it . 6 And the first releases of 7 don’t work with vista, if that is what you have or thinking of upgrading to

I have downloaded the latest Nero v6.6.1.15 from FileHippo. Assuming I like the result, how do I license it? Nero says it is a discontinued product. I am not at and don’t plan on going to Vista. I am upgrading from an old Roxio install.
Dick

Call me crazy, but how is an older version better than the newest one out? I mean, the newest one prolly has bugs, compatibilty issues, etc. all fixed compared to an older version, no? Please explain how it is better, cuz i do not understand. It’s just like common sense to me that the newest one out would be the best bet, heh, I dunno, thanks.

Hi,[quote=Robert De Niro;2031206]Call me crazy, but how is an older version better than the newest one out? I mean, the newest one prolly has bugs, compatibilty issues, etc. all fixed compared to an older version, no?[/quote]Not necessarily. New major versions come with new features that introduce new bugs and more bloat. There were lots of improvements from Nero 6.0 to latest 6.6.x.x (but they never managed to fix their german(!) localisation), as there were with Nero 7.0 to 7.10.x.x
Also, keep in mind, that the plain DVD/CD burning features normally don’t need to be reworked (if the burn engine isn’t buggy). Nero is turning from a plain CD/DVD writing software to a bloated multi-media-monster (Roxio also). If you need the newer video processing features, etc. etc., then the newer version might be better for your needs.
Many users don’t want these additional features and decide to use other software.

It’s just like common sense to me that the newest one out would be the best bet,
Not any more. It’s just like Vista vs. XP.
But with Nero, you have no choice to get the older version since they don’t sell it any more.

Michael

FWIW, I just got a email from Nero support. They don’t have a way to purchase a license for the previous version. I wouldn’t mind giving them a little money for a previous version and keeping everything kosher, but so be it.
BTW, I simply don’t need all the “stuff” in the latest version, and I’d rather spend my MIPS and disk space on other things. I also think that 6.6 is probably a thoroughly wrung out and stabilized version. I may just go with the Nero Essentials that is coming with my camera see how that goes.

It is really depends to your needs and applications, if you just use Nero for burning and copying then version 6.6… Is OK if you do more complicated work like video editing then go to version 7 and later ones if you have Vista OS go for version 8.