Which is the best?

I am trying to backup a SecuRom (5.03) protected disc, But the curves produced in blindwrite aren’t so good, there are many choke points :Z …

I have a LTR-52327S, And i am wondering which is the best reader for producing perfect curves, i know that plextor drives are very good for reading as well as burning, but i am still wondering what is best…

Some advice would really help me, I am getting a new drive…

I hate to disappoint you, but the LiteOn 5237S is one of the best cd readers out there. Have you updated to the latest firmware? If still having trouble try reading with a dvd-rom drive, sometimes they’re better on some discs.

Hi Dragon,

Have you tried different read speeds? Some of my readers make really crappy BWAs at certain speeds, but then very good at others. For example, my Plex 24/10/40 makes its best BWA’s at 12 or 16x. But if I do very slow speed or too fast I get really bad curves. Then I have an Acer CD rom that only makes good ones when it goes REALLY fast. Just try different readers at different speeds.

Like Digital said, try a DVD reader if possible. I get the best BWA’s with my Liteon LTR163 DVD. Maybe one of the newer Liteon DVDs could get you some good curves, but someone with one of the new ones would have to answer that for you. Good luck! :slight_smile: