Which is the best Torrent client?

vbimport

I have used uTorrent for years, but is there a better one?

I still use uTorrent 2.2.1, but lots of people seem to like qBitTorrent.

http://www.qbittorrent.org/

I use utorrent for more serious downloading, but I appreciate the torch browser torrent client just because they make it very simple.

[QUOTE=BriCoop;2699938]I use utorrent for more serious downloading, but I appreciate the torch browser torrent client just because they make it very simple.[/QUOTE]
Me too, and it works fine for me, the others may be better or worse but I like uTorrent.:wink:

i Use uTorrent and it has been flawless so far

I rarely use it but the few times I’ve needed to download a torrent file the Opera browser’s built in BitTorrent has worked fine.

utorrent is the best client than any in the world.

I use utorrent 2.0 for years. Version 3 is too heavy and tends to glitch on my 7 years old computer. But 2.0 works just fine.

compact + lightweight = utorrent

[QUOTE=us3rme;2701045]compact + lightweight = utorrent[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the forums us3rme. :flower:

I use version 3.3.1. of utorrent myself and I think it’s useful software too.

The adverts are almost insignificant so I wouldn’t let that put anyone off either as they’re far from intrusive and easily ignorable.

[B]Wombler[/B]

I use this been very happy

http://www.tixati.com/

uTorrent is by far the best torrent client for PC. I have never switched to any other client (or rather I have never used any other).

I use the new Tor based Tribler bittorrent client the client with privacy in mind and AD free. Developers are two Dutch TU students. Tribler keeps you under the radar of the entertainment bounty hunters. :wink:

[QUOTE=dreadfulishan;2750977]uTorrent is by far the best torrent client for PC. I have never switched to any other client (or rather I have never used any other).[/QUOTE]

If you can’t find the old version just look online and you can find the older ut version I use 2.0.4 version and it work fine no ads/pops or malware install. It’s clean and small.

[QUOTE=Rockzor;2751657]I use the new Tor based Tribler bittorrent client the client with privacy in mind and AD free. Developers are two Dutch TU students. Tribler keeps you under the radar of the entertainment bounty hunters. ;)[/QUOTE]

No amount will stop those from finding out. Two Students will not have money or Attonery power to block them when the Governments get payouts from those Studios. Rather use a poxy for utorrent and that stops them from seeing whom is whom and constant switching makes it next to impossible for them to find out. Just don’t use a US or EU proxy server and most other Nations could care less about US Studio GREEDs.

I have used Tixati for the last 6 months and find it reliable, but torrent sites are dieing so fast these days that I wonder if there will be any left by Xmas.
rim rim

[QUOTE=rim rim;2763524]I have used Tixati for the last 6 months and find it reliable, but torrent sites are dieing so fast these days that I wonder if there will be any left by Xmas.
rim rim[/QUOTE]
Really can’t find torrent sites…it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to find them. This sounds more like a Troll comment. Torrents don’t die they just switch to other servers and name and site.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2763530]Really can’t find torrent sites…it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to find them. This sounds more like a Troll comment. Torrents don’t die they just switch to other servers and name and site.[/QUOTE]

I have a list of the top 15 torrent sites in my favourites folder. 6 months ago I could browse through every one of those sites, they were all active.
About 3 months ago I noticed a number of those sites had been closed by the authorities.
Last month I noted that half of those sites had been closed.
Last night there were about 5 sites only active.
Now you might not like my comments but the above details are facts.
You must be turning a blind eye to whats happening if you can’t see the changes that have occurred over the past 12 months.

[QUOTE=rim rim;2763535]I have a list of the top 15 torrent sites in my favourites folder. 6 months ago I could browse through every one of those sites, they were all active.
About 3 months ago I noticed a number of those sites had been closed by the authorities.
You must be turning a blind eye to whats happening if you can’t see the changes that have occurred over the past 12 months.[/QUOTE]

First of all, µtorrent 2.2.1 build 25302, small, effective, no bloat, good functional design and includes advanced options.

I think you are both right… Whenever a public torrent site gets too big and is not built on a decentralized infrastructure with several servers/locations like Pirate Bay, they come above the radar and gets shut down, but new ones do pop up.
Unless you are active in the forums/IRC, you may miss comments about where to go to next and if the new tracker is private which seems to me to be the trend, you also miss the opportunity to register for free.

It is as hinted above, all a question of politics even for trackers… Stay clear of EU, US and live long, go private and live even longer.

[QUOTE=rim rim;2763535]I have a list of the top 15 torrent sites in my favourites folder. 6 months ago I could browse through every one of those sites, they were all active.
You must be turning a blind eye to whats happening if you can’t see the changes that have occurred over the past 12 months.[/QUOTE]

Are they closed though or is your ISP blocking access to them under the recent legislation?

If you’re interested in finding out then try accessing them through the TOR browser and see if that makes any difference.

[B]Wombler[/B]

I’m using qtorrent these days. I was using utorrent 2.2.1 for the longest time (and still have it installed). qbitorrent mostly feels like what utorrent used to be. A lightweight, quality program for downloading torrents.