Which Is The Best Quality CD Case?

vbimport

Hello again,

I am trying to find a better standard 10.4 mm CD case than the regular cheap ones that break so easily. Is there a professional brand I can buy somewhere, or at least a good strong kind?

Thanks! Have a great day, everyone… Juda:D

You should look at the Super Jewel Case. It uses different inserts, but is a little more durable. I’m pretty sure there are templates available for inserts.

Thank you - however, I need the best quality standard case - with the black inlay. Would this be a good choice? (The second from the top.)

Thanks again! :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Juda;2493406]Thank you - however, I need the best quality standard case - with the black inlay. Would this be a good choice? (The second from the top.)

Thanks again! :)[/QUOTE]

I’d be surprised if they are any different than any other jewel case.

So where can I buy the best quality standard 10.4mm case - with the black inlay? Anyone? There must be someone who sells them… :confused: I’d like the kind of quality the recording companies use.

Sony offer a range of quality blank cases, for both CD and DVD. You can find their complete range here: http://www.sony.co.uk/product/rec-cd---dvd-accessories?navigationSource=wep

Thank you - however, the only 10.4mm cases Sony has to offer are clear with no black inlays… :frowning: Any other suggestions?

Anybody at all?

The general consensus is that all jewel cases are the same. They probably all come from the same factory too. The SleeveCity site shows a single sample is available for 1 cent.

Well, thanks then - I ordered 100 and will wait and see how they turn out to be… thanks for the help! And keep it up! :slight_smile:

Well, here is what SleeveCity says:

Our cases are industry standard jewel cases with either assembled or unassembled trays included. Unfortunately, we can not determine if we have the same or compare our jewel cases to that of what “Staples” or “Best Buy” would stock because we are unsure as to what brand they may carry for retail purchases.

Is there no other place to buy pro grade 10.4mm CD cases with the black inlay? Anyone at all?

Hi Juda,

Today’s jewel boxes are lighter than the cases from 10+ years ago so that may be the main reason you are not happy with today’s cases. But there are still different qualities and weight of the cases so you would be wise to ask questions and buy sample lots before placing large orders. Or even better find a local company that does duplication to do business with. Forget the large CD factories, they won’t help you, and forget the cheap-blank-media places because they sell junk cases. Look for a company that serves musicians and has warehouse space to stock boxes. And jewel boxes are easily damaged in transport so a local pickup, local delivery, or pallet delivery is best.

Hope this helps!
George