Which is good DVD RW media for Pioneer

I have Pioneer DVD-RW DVR 109
DVD+RW/-RW
DVD+R9: 6x
DVD-R9: 6x
DVD+RW: 16x/8x
DVD-RW: 16x/6
DVD ROM: 16x

Can you please tell me which DVD Rewritable discs are good for my burner.

I tried Verbatim DVD-R 16x with Manufacturer id: MCC03RG20 and some of the discs are a waste of money.

I am also looking for some good rewritable discs at a good speed (above 4x)

Thanx

The only DVD-RW faster than 4x I would recommend is Verbatim 6x DVD-RW.

The CDFreaks review showed serious problems with 8x rated DVD+RW so I’d be careful to check that this problem has been solved in later firmware before buying 8x DVD+RW media for this drive.

As a genereal recommendation of 8x DVD+RW media I would recommend Verbatim 8x DVD+RW and Ricoh 8x DVD+RW, but please note the problems with such media and early firmware for the Pioneer DVR-109.

Sony, HP and or Fuji are good RW media.

[QUOTE=DrageMester;1978565]The only DVD-RW faster than 4x I would recommend is Verbatim 6x DVD-RW.

The CDFreaks review showed serious problems with 8x rated DVD+RW so I’d be careful to check that this problem has been solved in later firmware before buying 8x DVD+RW media for this drive.

As a genereal recommendation of 8x DVD+RW media I would recommend Verbatim 8x DVD+RW and Ricoh 8x DVD+RW, but please note the problems with such media and early firmware for the Pioneer DVR-109.[/QUOTE]

what about Verbatim 6x DVD+RW ?

I heard Verbatim is a first class media, but why do i get so many failed discs with DVD-R 16x ?
Should i go for +R discs or choose less than 16x or more than 16x speed ?

(I only tried 2 Rewritable discs so far - seems ok)

[quote=jaffacake2000;1978589]what about Verbatim 6x DVD+RW ?[/quote] There’s no such thing as 6x DVD+RW media (4x and 8x yes and also 6x DVD-RW but not 6x DVD+RW).

[quote=jaffacake2000;1978591]I heard Verbatim is a first class media, but why do i get so many failed discs with DVD-R 16x ?
Should i go for +R discs or choose less than 16x or more than 16x speed ?

(I only tried 2 Rewritable discs so far - seems ok)[/quote] Difficult to answer. Try burning at 8x instead of maximum speed. You can also try other media such as e.g. Verbatim 16x DVD+R media.

[QUOTE=jaffacake2000;1978589]what about Verbatim 6x DVD+RW ?[/QUOTE]

Do they exist??
I think only 4x and 8x DVD+RW exist from Verbatim.