Which format fits the most content on a DVD

I’m using the “Video to DVD Plus” gadget (honestech) to put my VHS tv shows onto DVDs and would like to fit as many episodes as I can on each disk. The options are VCD SVCD DVD and LongDVD. Which should I use?

[QUOTE=heronglass;2210222]I’m using the “Video to DVD Plus” gadget (honestech) to put my VHS tv shows onto DVDs and would like to fit as many episodes as I can on each disk. The options are VCD SVCD DVD and LongDVD. Which should I use?[/QUOTE]

You should ask first is the player your going to play them on what format does it play first?? That will tell you which format to choose from.

You only have two choices. VCD and SVCD are for CD media. For DVD media, you can use DVD or LongDVD. I would experiment using both and see how much difference in quality you can see on playback. A standard SL DVD holds about 2 hours of video. The LongDVD option will likely squeeze more than 2 hours onto the disc, but quality loss will likely occur. So you will need to see for yourself if it is acceptable.