Which Firmware to use?

I’ve been using FSOG with my 411S using sony dvd-r’s with no problems.
A friend gave me a bunch of Memorex DVD-R ( CMCMAG.AF1 )
I’ve tried burning 2 of them and have created 2 coasters.

I was wondering which firmware works best with the Memorex discs?

Thanks very much

:bow:

I’m not into 411 firmwares very much, but please also be aware of the fact that CMC discs can vary greatly in quality. So these two coasters don’t nescessarily mean that you’re using the wrong firmware, especially since you’re already successfully burning -R.

Thanks very much for your quick reply.
I’ll give FSOG another chance or two or three.

somervillec

Originally posted by FoxBat
I’m not into 411 firmwares very much, but please also be aware of the fact that CMC discs can vary greatly in quality. So these two coasters don’t nescessarily mean that you’re using the wrong firmware, especially since you’re already successfully burning -R.

I believe the general consensus here on the Forum is that FS0F is the best for -R burning on the 411S. I’ve burned about 20 or so of the Memorex CMCMAG.AF1’s at 4X on my 411S with no problems whatsoever. Good luck.

Originally posted by somervillec
Thanks very much for your quick reply.
I’ll give FSOG another chance or two or three.
somervillec

Don´t waste your money and time.

Do the ‘robbyg’ way.

You can go back with this tool

BTW, I have tested all [six] FWs for 411 and FS0F has given me more than 70 good DVDs on cheap media [Princos, RiTEKG 04 aso].

FS0F for DVD-R all the way baby :bigsmile:
BTW, check the very last tool in my LiteOn tools guide if you are interested and of course read the warning first :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for all the speedy replies.
I think I’ll go back to FSOF and possibly, if everything works out right, stay there for awhile.

Thanks again,
somervillec

Originally posted by somervillec
[B]I’ve been using FSOG with my 411S using sony dvd-r’s with no problems.
A friend gave me a bunch of Memorex DVD-R ( CMCMAG.AF1 )
I’ve tried burning 2 of them and have created 2 coasters.

I was wondering which firmware works best with the Memorex discs?

Thanks very much

:bow: [/B]

FS0F works really good with -R media, as already sais above. I had 25pcs. of Memorex DVD-R (same ADIP) and burned them all in one day - no coaster - if I can remember…MAX PI was around 60, PO around 4, I think…

But I upgraded to FS0H and after some time burned 10pcs. box again - Memorex -R and the results were practically the same. And it supports BookType bit-setting for +R/+RW!

What I know, that FS0J sucks! I downgraded back to FS0H because error rates were too much high.

Question from a newbie.
I’m using FSOF now in my 411S and want to try FSOH so I can use
BookType settings. Where do you go to download?
When I go to http://www.liteonamericas.com/us/download.htm
it only has a zip file for firmware called DR4F80J.ZIP for 411S. What is that and where do I find the various versions? I’d like to know where my FSOF is in case I want to return to it.

FS0H.BIN

Check the tool guide in my sig for how to load it (LtnFW).