Which firmware is best for benq1620?

vbimport

which firmware is best for benq1620?
b7t9?
or b7p9?
from where can i get it?
will it come with the drive?

For me B7P9 is realy good, and i do not intend to flash to B7T9 in a near future.

I want to know this too. I just got a 1620 about 45 minutes ago and it comes with G7H9. What should I flash it to?

See what works for you. You can get B7P9 here:

http://www.benq.com/ss_download/drivers/storage/dvd-rw/dw1620/b7p9.zip

Brian23, you have an OEM drive (like I do)–to convert from G*** firmware(oem) to B*** firmware(retail) you have to follow a few steps… I can post them later if you need them. I personally have had alot of issues with my 1620 oem, converted to retail B7P9, but it seems like most other people have found B7P9 to be the best. Maybe you should try it, and if it doesnt work try B7T9 (what I’m using now).

hi I will be buying retail version of benq1620.
what firmware does it come with?
is that firmware sufficient?
what steps do i need to follow to flash it with the firmware link that you gave? can you please tell us here.

I prefer B7P9 i allways have good results, with B7T9-mixed.
Brian23 - you have OEM, you need crossflash to retail. Instruction you can find here:http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=99418
Use winflash with .cvt file, 1 step deal.
Good luck

guys:
i have 2 benq1620’s. one i have @t9 and one i have @p9. when i compare tyt02 +r burns between the two drives both are identical. when i compare cmcmage01 +r i have to say the t9 does a little nicer job. both firmwares work really well for me.

hi I will be buying retail version of benq1620.
what firmware does it come with?
is that firmware sufficient?
what steps do i need to follow to flash it with the firmware link that you gave? can you please tell us here

Jimmyplexed,
Are you for real??? Why do you repeat yourself by asking the
same question over and over and over and over and…
BTW i’m not trying to slag you off so don’t take offence just curious.

i posted it simply because no one replied to it.
is this that complicated to you?

Jimmyplexed,
No it’s not complicated for me, but then again i do read and
try to understand what’s written ,instead of repeating myself asking the same questions over and over.

Looks to me like vector07 answered the question in post #4:cool:

Just download the firmware and run the exe.

Thank you PCDOC.

LOL! It’s hard damn work but someone’s gotta do it… :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Regards-

vector07, what kind of issues have you been having? Were they before or after you updated to B firmware?

I like B7T9. I have a Nu Technology DDW-163 here that was flashed with G7H9 originally and knowing that just wouldn’t do I instantly cross-flashed it to B7T9 and to a BenQ drive. Working like a champ with no problems. :slight_smile:

vector07 said you have to do a few extra steps to flash a “G” firmware drive to a “B” drive. Did you do this or just flash from G7H9 to B7T9?

@Braxas

Same here. It’s “nu” instead of BenQ or MSI or Philips, but it seems to work just as well (though I never was able to do 5:** burn for full 4.7GB.)

@Skullyboy

Run WinDWFlash.exe and choose B7T9 CVT file. I noticed the WinDWFlash is originally made by Philips.

Afterwards, you can flash the drive using one of the RPC-1 firmware flashers available on TDB’s page.

I have excelent results with Philips P3.2 firmware… at least as good and sometimes better than B7P9 and B7T9.

Thanks Kenshin…worked like a charm