Which firmware for ATAPI DVD DC 16X8X5? (BenQ DW1670 black Bulk)

[qanda]This thread is about the BenQ DW1670 black Bulk. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hey all, just wondered what firmware would assist me in burning backups of my xbox360 games as working discs instead of coasters! I’m using fully printable Ritek media, 10 for £5 locally so under half the price of Verbatims in my local PC shop, and 2 of the 3 I’ve burned at 2.4/ 4x have failed verification. I’m burning with ImgBurn and then verifying immediately afterwards :confused:

Hi,[QUOTE=Rhythmeister;2271543] just wondered what firmware would assist me in burning backups of my xbox360 games as working discs instead of coasters! I’m using fully printable Ritek media, [/quote]DL media?

10 for £5 locally so under half the price of Verbatims in my local PC shop, and 2 of the 3 I’ve burned at 2.4/ 4x have failed verification.
Then stick with Verbatim. Coastered cheap media is too expensive. :wink:

Michael

DL for sure, hefty 7GB games after all :rolleyes: I’ve tried thrice to get CoD5: WaW to work correctly but can’t get it working. Verifies with ImgBurn after verifying iso with abgX360 then burned dvd verifies with the same software but STILL no compliance in the xbox :a

Is there a bang up-to-date FW I could be steered towards to see if it’s the dye not being favoured by my current, 1.03, FW?

[B]O/T[/B]
Maybe my post is not in all related to topic. :wink:

Okay, I’ve upgraded my lappys HDD and I just copyed the WoW folder back from my USB2 memorystick, reentered my serial and played on without a problem… :smiley:

OP this smells fishy. :cop:
Why ever bother making a copy when you have the original disk?

Unfortunately, I have no idea about what works for Xbox backups :frowning:

Apart from that, your drive is rather old. DL support was poor these days (and is still today), so your best option would be 2.4x Verbatim “Made in Singapore”.
If these fail, too, then there are other reasons for your backups not working.

Michael

If you’ve never made a legal backpup of any of your compact disc based media that’s great but I like to keep my originals in mint condition!

The xbox 360 has no activation of products requiring serials or suchlike so it’s not like a pc where you can just move, for example, the entire contents of the ID classic Quake 4 to another pc and reenter serial to play online.

Does anyone know of more recent firmware for the drive in question to save me wasting hours trying to track some down? :eek: