Which firmware for AD-7700H?

Hi!
Before i start…

Model Number:       Optiarc DVD+/-RW AD-7700H               
Firmware Revision:  100A

I would like to flash my drive with rpc1 firmware but not sure which one of two (1.V0 or 1FA, http://liggydee.cdfreaks.com/page/en/Optiarc-AD-7700S/) to pick. All i need is riplock being disabled and bitsetting is also preferred (original firmware currently bitsets DVD+R (DL) to DVD-ROM by default anyway). Another question is, will the drive still spin quietly while simply watching movie from DVD when riplock disabled? Is it possible to revert to original firmware if needed somehow? The drive is installed in Dell Latitude E5410 notebook but Dell site doesn’t provide firmware update to my computer (drive not even listed) and Sony/Optiarc site also hasn’t this model in their list. Thanks in advance.

Just create a backup-dump of your current firmware and try the others, you can always go back to your own dump. If you provide this dump to me I can also try to patch this one - this may take a while though.

All RPC1 and Auto-Reset firmwares also have a riplock patch in place, so it could be that they’re faster but also generate more noise during movie playback.

1.V0 didn’t flash and 1.FA seems to have an issue with riplock patch. For regular DVD it works well but DL media is still read slow. Even self-burned +R DL is slow which was read at full speed with original firmware.