Which Firmware Do I Download?

vbimport

hey… on http://codeguys.rpc1.org/firmwares.html i hav no idea which 1 i hav to get :stuck_out_tongue: i got a LiteOn 451S and i wanna make it Dual Layer and make it read faster and stuff which 1 do i pick?

thankz

the best choice is: ( you should use Omnipatch of course)
• CG3B - patched - improved +R burn quality for 451S, 851S, 812S, 832S

or if you don´t like “improved +R…” then:
• VS0B - patched - 451S@832S, 851S@832S

it sayz when i go to install the .exe it sayz only supports liteon sohw-832s drives… shuld i continue?

in the pack “CG3B - patched - improved +R burn quality for 451S, 851S, 812S, 832S”
there are two .exe-files. you must take this: 832S.CG3B.patched-451S-851S

klick ok if the updater says that it’s only for 832s

LOL, ignore that. :wink:

im not sure what im supposed to tick on omnipatcher… what am i supposed to do when i load it in omnipatcher? and how do i find my brand of blanks “Data Bank DVD-R 4.7g”

thankz 4 replyz every1

auto bitsetting and cross flahing…rest are optional and to enable speed hacks or to help with errors etc…errors like ramps at end…you wont know whether ya need them till you actualy flashed and tried a firmware…
use dvdinfo to find the media code…you will then find corrosponding media code in omnipatcher

KProbe2 will tell you the media code of your discs, which corresponds to the media code list in OP. You’ll need KP2 anyway for the advanced bitsetting tools, region freedom, and error scanning.

ok i used omnipatcher to tick them and also i found my blank… on omnipatcher it just had 2X selected on the right… what doez that mean? what happns if i select 4X and 8X or anything? its 4X blanks… also a friend of mine told me using custom fireware is bad for your burner and it f***s it up… is that tru? is their any possibility of that happening to my burner?

thankz

you can select 4x but chances are the media will be unreadable…better to swap for a strats which is known to work with that media that enables 4x or more…(click the strat swap thread sticky and search that thread for your media code and see if anyone has succesfully swapped strats…

In the order that the your questions were asked:

ok i used omnipatcher to tick them and also i found my blank… on omnipatcher it just had 2X selected on the right… what doez that mean? what happns if i select 4X and 8X or anything? its 4X blanks…

First of all, if only the 2x box is checked, means that in its current state, the firmware will allow your lite-on to burn that particular media at a maximum speed of 2x…nothing higher than that. Sometimes official firmwares allow a drive to burn a disc at a speed higher than their advertised speed, and other firmwares max out the speed at less than the advertised speed…in this case, the latter applies.

Simply checking the 4x or 8x box (known as a speedhack) would allow the drive to burn the disc at whatever speed(s) you select. However, you may very well burn yourself a coaster. I’ve had it work, but I wouldn’t really recommend it.

also a friend of mine told me using custom fireware is bad for your burner and it f***s it up… is that tru? is their any possibility of that happening to my burner?

Using unofficial firmware can cause problems (and it also voids your warrantee), although this is somewhat rare. Having read your posts, and seeing that you’re new to the software, I would advise you to NOT install any customized firmware until you’ve read as much about Omnipatcher as you possibly can. There’s a sticky thread right at the top of the Lite-on forum page that is dedicated to Omnipatcher, from which there is a lot to learn. Take your time.

Dont mez with that speed crap…for now. just clicz autobitsetting, and enable crossflashing then clicz save. then flash with the new .exe. you be golden. if it says 2x on your blanks then the stock firmware wont do them either. so you need to crossflash but thats another tale. This firmware is good stuff man it shouldnt mess with ya drive.

peace…Biggy Lives…

ok all i want to do is read at 8X and be able to burn Dual Layer disc’s… which firmware do i pick for just them 2 things?

thankz

CG3B. Just download the packed file from my site and run the exe file with your drives model number in the name…