Which DVD's?

vbimport

Bulkpaq DVD-R 16x Orange Logo Face 50pk Spindle - £5.29
Aone DVD-R 8x- LOGO- 50pk cellowrap - £5.72
Datawrite 16x Mach 4 DVD-R in 50 Cakebox - £5.99
Sumvision RITEK 8x DVD-R Genuine GRADE “A” Full Face Printable GO5 dye - 50 pack cello wrapped - £6.34

There were some other G05 dye ones on ebuyer earlier aswell but I can’t find them now.

Thanks.

If I had to choose from them, it would be none of them! All low grade.

Well any alternatives from ebuyer? Around that price? I need to order today, they won’t be used in a 360 or anything, and surely they are better than my Bulkpaq ones I currently use, and I’ve had no trouble with them.

Datawrite 16x Mach 4 orDatawrite Yellow 8x.
In both cases there is at least slight chance that you will get media with non-faked MID code. Most likely b-grade TDK or CMC media.

[QUOTE=jubjubbird;2127703]If I had to choose from them, it would be none of them! All low grade.[/QUOTE]

That was my first thought on seeing the options as well :iagree:

Unfortunately, I’d pick the good stuff (Sony or Verbatim), as I don’t generally use budget media unless it’s for very short-term use or giveaways.

Why not pay a little extra and get some premium quality Maxell Xtreme ProTek (Made in Japan) media at inexpensive prices (£15.13 for 100pc) from SVP?

[quote=dcx_badass;2127553]There were some other G05 dye ones on ebuyer earlier aswell but I can’t find them now.[/quote] It must be your lucky day, because RITEK G05 is probably the DVD media that people at CDFreaks avoid the most due to it being a ticking time-bomb.

All of these discs you cite are crap, the crappiest being the Sumvisions and the less crap the Datawrites.

Don’t be cheap. By cutting corners and buying el-cheapo media, you’ll always actually pay more in the long run.

Good discs are not expensive. I suggest Verbatim as first choice, then Sony, then HP. Or Taiyo Yuden unbranded media (but these are more expensive in Europe) from a good dealer like SVP or Digitalpromo.

No-one really helped so I bought a pack of each of these.

Sumvision RITEK 8x DVD-R Genuine GRADE “A” Full Face Printable GO5 dye - 50 pack cello wrapped - £6.34

[quote=dcx_badass;2128985]No-one really helped …[/quote] We did, but you chose not to listen to our advice. :wink:

[QUOTE=dcx_badass;2128985]No-one really helped so I bought a pack of each of these.

Sumvision RITEK 8x DVD-R Genuine GRADE “A” Full Face Printable [B]GO5 dye[/B] - 50 pack cello wrapped - £6.34[/QUOTE]

:doh: Wasted money.

[QUOTE=dcx_badass;2128985]Sumvision RITEK 8x DVD-R Genuine GRADE “A” Full Face Printable GO5 dye - 50 pack cello wrapped - £6.34[/QUOTE]

You bought media with guaranteed data loss after 1-12 months even with knowing it before. Congrats.

[quote=Womi;2129008]You bought media with guaranteed data loss after 1-12 months even with knowing it before. Congrats.[/quote] Not [I]guaranteed[/I] data-loss, only [I]expected[/I] data-loss. :wink:

Mine can still be read (mostly) after 13 months although the scans aren’t pretty.

LMFAO@this thread. I personally would’ve taken the advice of these esteemed gurus. LMFAO@el-cheapo media quote also, haha.:wink:

Woa, great choice, badass! :clap:
You obviously know very well what you’re doing, and didn’t need any help! (which we didn’t give anyway…)
Go kick ass, da man! U rule!

:rolleyes:

The A-One’s I’ve used have all been fake TYG02 MID’s

@ dcx_badass

Read these re: Ritek G05 issues.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f33/warning...a-loss-145871/
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f33/ritek-g…-media-182866/

I didn’t ask for a recommendation of any disks, I asked which out of the ones I posted, and no-one actually answered it. I don’t want to buy expensive ones as I never use disks anyways, anything I want to keep is on my Hard drive, the only time I use disks is to give people something, so cheap ones are good for me.

[QUOTE=dcx_badass;2129307]I didn’t ask for a recommendation of any disks, I asked which out of the ones I posted, and no-one actually answered it. [/QUOTE]

I recommended you Datawrite 16x Mach 4 or Datawrite Yellow 8x…

Is this people you like or dislike?

[QUOTE=pepst;2129309]I recommended you Datawrite 16x Mach 4 or Datawrite Yellow 8x…[/QUOTE]And I told you that the crappiest were the Sumvision (thus Ritek G05) and the less crap the Datawrites, so it was kinda consistent with Pepst’s advice.
Was a no-brainer, in my humble opinion.
But you went for the crappiest disks nevertheless…
Happy burning! :stuck_out_tongue:
(Oh, the good side of these Ritek G05 is that the successful burns - I mean the probably 65% usable ones - will be very compatible with players…)