Which DVD Writer lasts longer?

vbimport

Hi everyone,

Which DVD Writer lasts longer?
Post your experiences.
Has anyone had a DVD Writer for more that 4 years, and its still alive and kicking?

Cheers,
Pavle

Every product comes with a 2 year warranty and after two years a writer is morally old anyways, so i wouldnt worry how long it will last.

You cant generalize which writer lasts longer, the same model can die in two weeks or work for years.

:iagree:

The DVD burner I’ve had that’s lasted longest is my LG 4163B, although nowhere near 4 years, more like two and a half.

The one that keeps burning. :slight_smile:

I can tell you from experience it’s not a Sony all the ones I had lasted from a few weeks to a few months.

:iagree: and still burning :slight_smile:

I have a Liteon 832S model that was bought back in 2004 and still works but is no unable to properly read DL media that it burned so I replaced that unit with a Liteon LH-20A1H unit with lightscribe. So it all depends on the amount of drive usage your using the unit for will decress the lifespan of the drive unit. Also make sure you have a good warranty on the unit and is of a quality unit. Every drive has its good and bad points so it’s all dependent on what your burning and what quality of manufacture your looking for. But also drives nowdays are relative inexpensive but also be careful not to go to cheap as buy too cheap you get cheap quality or loose so function you are looking for.

The 812S in your avvy, right? :bigsmile:

No I replaced the 832S with 20A1H. Cause the 832S didnt seem to read the DL media it burned but the replacement 20A1H was able to read the DL media the 832S drive burned. I did read from searching the web some people stated they had that same problem with the burner after DL media burns but I didnt see that problem til early in 2007. That was the one reason that I made a choose to purchase the new drive.