Which DVD-RW or +RW of these do you recommend me to buy?

(Sorry for my poor english).

Hi. I have found this webs that sell DVDs in the Internet and I would like to know what is your opinion of these 3 brand of discs, because I don’t know which have the best quality, and I want to buy one brand of the 3.

Ridisc DVD+RW 4x
http://www.pcmatica.net/product_info.php/products_id/134

Verbatim DVD-RW 4x
http://inforsop.com/product_info.php?cPath=69&products_id=237

Traxdata-Ritek DVD-RW 4x
http://www.dvdbarato.net/b2c/index.php?page=pp_producto.php&md=0&codp=252

Thank you and greetings. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m a big fan of Verbatim, at least traditionally. I get the best results with Verbatim on my BenQ drives.

One more vote for the Verbies :slight_smile:

Verbies? That sounds like some kind of disease or something! Doh!

Got me a bad case of dem Verbies - doc gave a shot - cleared it right up… :smiley:

Hehehe :bigsmile:

Someone said it awhile back on here, and it’s made me smile ever since. Luckily I don’t call them Verbies when asking for them in PC World, though - I’d probably get locked up :bigsmile:

There are different kinds of Verbies :eek: :bigsmile:
In Vader’s case… :bigsmile: I’d say those -R is the best choice and +R from the same link would probably do as well (you may need to book type them for better compatibility)
There is no fate but no cure either :disagree:

8x DVD+RW: Ricoh or Ridata
6x DVD-RW: Verbatim
4x DVD+RW: Verbatim
4x DVD-RW: Verbatim
2x DVD-RW: Verbatim
:stuck_out_tongue:

@ Arachne: OT/I never thought I could keep a woman smiling for so long! :eek: /OT

@ OP: Another vote for the Verbatims.

Haha, looks like Verbies win the vote so far. I must say if I was gonna use RW discs, they’d be Verbatim. Certainly wouldn’t trust write-once Ritek (or Ri-anything) DVD media, let alone rewritable, but maybe that’s just me.

@jhtalisman - yeah, I remembered it was you with the Verbies thing (in the LR IIRC) shortly after I posted :bigsmile:

Ritek +RW osed to be very good for NEC burners. I would get scans close to +R discs.

The last batch I got were the worst pile of crap I have seen in a long time, producing unreadable discs on any burner. Sony used the same media and they were real crap.

Needless to say, Verbatim 4X is my vote. Just remember to scan or otherwise confirm the burn. I find about 5% are bad.

FYI, if you scan DVD+RW do this @ 4x even with recent Liteys… My 5S magnifies the PIE by 3x if you scan RW @8x:smiley:

My 165P6S scans nothing reliably at 8X; good tip though about the RWs. I don’t even scan with my BenQ at 8X. I found that the scans are a lot closer to Liteon when they are 4X.

At least 4x is not wrong even for 5S and 6S Liteys.
Let’s make this a general consensus. :slight_smile:

Hey, I have found a web very interesting with tests of DVDs-RW and +RW, and there are tests of the Verbatim DVD-RW 4x, DVD+RW 4x and Traxdata-Ritek DVD-RW 4x.
Also there is a test of the Traxdata-Ritek DVD-RW 6x and the test shows an impressive quality (what a pity I can’t find a web that sells that disc). What’s your opinion?

This is the web:

http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Reviews/Specific.aspx?ArticleId=13934

Some of the information is wrong and some is out of date. Also it is hard to compare Plex scans to CDSpeed. Also things change. They say RICOHJPNW11 is Ricoh media when it is made by Ritek here. It looks fine there and when they did the tests I am sure that was the case. However it is now very bad, for some unknown reason. So asking current users is much more reliable. Just look at the decline in TYG02 in the last few months. A year old test won’t tell you about media today.

Some of the information is wrong and some is out of date. Also it is hard to compare Plex scans to CDSpeed. Also things change. They say RICOHJPNW11 is Ricoh media when it is made by Ritek here. It looks fine there and when they did the tests I am sure that was the case. However it is now very bad, for some unknown reason. So asking current users is much more reliable. Just look at the decline in TYG02 in the last few months. A year old test won’t tell you about media today.

Vader40, what writer are you using?

The article in question shows what does and does not burn well on an old Pioneer DVR-108 writer. Different writers may burn the same discs with different burn quality, so other writers may have completely different results with the same media. Unless you have exactly the same writer, these results are not really useful to you.

I have a NEC ND-3540A with firmware 1.04

Another vote for the verb’s, I got some Imation DVD -RW a few months ago (only -RW they had at the time :() and TBH they are ok, but only just.
The scans with my old LiteOn firmware used to go off the scale and very bad, but with the latest FW (MSOP) they look more normal.