Which DVD Recorder for laptop?

vbimport

I am going to replace my DVD-Recorder and i am between these: NEC 7593A, Sony Optiarc AD-7590A , Sony Optiarc AD-5590A, Pioneer DVR-KD08, LG GSA-T40L, NEC ND-7630, NEC ND-7633A. My laptop is a Toshiba SM30X-118. Which one would you recommend? Thanks!

well, sony, nec, and optiarc are the same think afaik just rebadges of each other, and personally i would go for one of them

just check for these models in the subforum of burned media and see if you can find any test results done based on these models, and choose the one with scans of the least pi/po errors

You think that i might have compatibility problems if i replace the DVD Recorder? I have read that some NEC Optiarc have trouble with master slave settings.

[QUOTE=infini;2183306]You think that i might have compatibility problems if i replace the DVD Recorder? I have read that some NEC Optiarc have trouble with master slave settings.[/QUOTE]
Yes the BIOS must able to recognize the drive. The new drive must have the correct firmware to work properly in your Notebook. There are several different firmware versions for master, slave, inverse cable select…

If your drive in your notebook is still able to read disks I’d go for an desktop burner in an external USB / Firewire enclosure.

I do not think Master/Slave jumper settings are possible in most laptops, what model laptop do you have?

I wouldn’t worry about this.

The laptop is a Toshiba Satellite M30X-118.

just get the nec\sony\optiarc