Which dvd media?

vbimport

I have been using HP (Memorex) Lightscribe because I like the lable feature, however I’ve had some problems with DVD’s which have been made from downloaded movies stopping when played in stand alone DVD player. When I copy a DVD (home movies only, I don’t get into copyright infringement) they play just fine. I was thinking this may either be a media problem, burn speed, software or hardware. I usually burn at 6X using DVD-R media. I have an HP IDE burner. Could THAT be the problem? Should I try a slower or faster burn speed? DVD-R, DVD+R???
Any info would be great.
Thanks,
J.D. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=J. Deere;2145875]I have been using HP (Memorex) Lightscribe because I like the lable feature, however I’ve had some problems with DVD’s which have been made from downloaded movies stopping when played in stand alone DVD player. When I copy a DVD (home movies only, I don’t get into copyright infringement) they play just fine. I was thinking this may either be a media problem, burn speed, software or hardware. I usually burn at 6X using DVD-R media. I have an HP IDE burner. Could THAT be the problem? Should I try a slower or faster burn speed? DVD-R, DVD+R???
Any info would be great.
Thanks,
J.D. :)[/QUOTE]If I read all that right, the fact that your home movie DVDs play fine is proof that nothing is wrong with the burning process.

DVD+R is said to be better than -R but that is not likely your problem.

Whatever the issue is, it happens before the burn process since your home movies prove that the burn process is fine.

The problem must be in the download or conversion process. What are you using to convert downloaded videos to DVD format?

Have you burned a home movie lately since your started having problems?

Hello,

You might want to check this out about media quality, good knowledge to have if you will be burning a lot:

@california girl
That list is horribly out of date and misleading. Much better to inquire in the Blank Media forum or just do some reading there on latest media and scans.

you are right I will go and look, it is true that I have been using the link I provided for personal reference. Thanks for telling me.