Which DVD media do you use on your 708UF?

vbimport

I’m having problems burning DVDs with my 708UF, so I want to try some different brands of media (to help determine if the problem is media, hardware, software, or what).

I have Plextor’s list of recommended media, but so far I have not found any of the exact media in the stores. The “model” numbers don’t match.

For example, Office Depot has a good deal on Maxell DVDs, but the model numbers shown don’t match what’s on the Plextor list. Sam’s Club carries a lot of Verbatims, but again, the numbers don’t match those on the Plextor list.

So I would love to know EXACTLY which DVD media other people are using successfully in the 708UF. It would great to know the exact “model” number from the package label, in addition to the brand, so I can make sure I’m buying the same media. If in the U.S., the name of the store would also be very helpful. I have access to Costco, Sam’s, Office Depot, Staples, Circuit City, Best Buy, and CompUSA.

I understand that media made in Japan is desirable, but nothing I’ve bought so far has been marked Japan – it all seems to be made in Taiwan.

4x media would be fine – since I have trouble burning even at that speed, I am not going to try anything faster, even if my drive supports it.

TIA.