Which DVD copy software is better, if any

vbimport

Excuse me if this topic has been posted already but was unable to find anything similar through a search. Anyways besides Clone DVD what other copying software are just behind Clone DVD as far as PQ, there is CloneDVD2, DVDFab, DvdNextCopy, DVD shrink, DVDCecrypter, Image burn, Nero, DVDFabHd, Any DVD and on and on, has any one have any glues??? Or are their site where each Software were tested and the results available. :bigsmile:

Thanks for your patience, and hoping that I am writing in the appropriate threat.:eek:

Obviously as you are in the DVD Fab forum, we will all say DVD Fab…

But don’t believe us, download the 30 day trial of DVD Platinum and give it a whirl. Try the beta at the top of the forum as the author has just added in some great new features.

Well I have dvdfab platinum, anydvd and clonedvd2. anydvd has problems with some movies because of a vista bug so all I use it for is watching the origanal movie on my computer. dvdfab platinum to me is the better one as it has no problems with any movie and if it does then it will be updated quickly. it is the program I use for back-ups.

if you are compressing to single layer media then use dvdfab for the ripping and use dvd-rebuilder for compression. http://dvd-rb.dvd2go.org/

edit// be sure to select dvd9 when ripping to prevent dvdfab from compressing

oh and this has been discussed many times

[QUOTE=cubanjoe;2010551]Excuse me if this topic has been posted already but was unable to find anything similar through a search. Anyways besides Clone DVD [B]what other copying software are just [U]behind[/U] Clone DVD[/B] as far as PQ, there is CloneDVD2, DVDFab, DvdNextCopy, DVD shrink, DVDCecrypter, Image burn, Nero, DVDFabHd, Any DVD and on and on, has any one have any glues??? Or are their site where each Software were tested and the results available. :bigsmile:

Thanks for your patience, and hoping that I am writing in the appropriate threat.:eek:[/QUOTE]

DVDFab is not behind CloneDVD or any other backup software,…it is the [B]LEADER of the PACK[/B] :bigsmile:

[B]I would have to say Dvd fab platinum:cool: but then again I’m bias.[/B]
[B][/B]
[B][FONT=Verdana]Also consider help and support, as most people will need help at sometime or another[/B] [/FONT]

[quote=cubanjoe;2010551]Excuse me if this topic has been posted already but was unable to find anything similar through a search. Anyways besides Clone DVD what other copying software are just behind Clone DVD as far as PQ, there is CloneDVD2, DVDFab, DvdNextCopy, DVD shrink, DVDCecrypter, Image burn, Nero, DVDFabHd, Any DVD and on and on, has any one have any glues??? Or are their site where each Software were tested and the results available. :bigsmile:

Thanks for your patience, and hoping that I am writing in the appropriate threat.:eek:[/quote]
The best is what is best and easiest for you to use. Please look at our Software Section. You can read all about the different softwares and what they can and cannot do. Then use the free trial that most of them offer. Then you can make an informed decision.
http://www.cdfreaks.com/software/Copy-DVD-Movie-Software/

Thanks guy’s, this is a very informative Forum and glad that I joined in.:bigsmile:

Anytime and welcome to CDF.:wink:

[QUOTE=cubanjoe;2010551]Or are their site where each Software were tested and the results available.[/QUOTE]

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f62/there-best-dvd-backup-program-127917/

…as far as PQ,…

i assume you were referring to Picture Quality, around here many suggest DVD-rebuilder. although you will still need to use dvdfab or anydvd as well. dvd rebuilder is free (with options to use paid encoders). there are many guides to be found, just use google.

:slight_smile:

Thanks for the link it has a lot of valuable information. and yes Picture Quality is what I am looking for.

duh! dvdfab platinum and gold they kick arse!

[QUOTE=troy512;2011258]if you are compressing to single layer media then use dvdfab for the ripping and use dvd-rebuilder for compression. http://dvd-rb.dvd2go.org/

edit// be sure to select dvd9 when ripping to prevent dvdfab from compressing

oh and this has been discussed many times[/QUOTE]

For ripping with DVDFABGold, all we need to do is to the copy of the movie to the HD then use the dvd-rebuilder? By the way is the rebuilder a good source for little scratched originals?

The Platinum just offers more bells and whistles, correct where just for movies both are similar.

Rebuilder will take a considerable amount of time whereas FAB will finish in minutes instead of a couple of hours with Rebuilder. On certain movies that require a great deal of compression then maybe, just maybe Rebuilder will be the better choice.

Boy, fast reply oh about the difference Gold Vs Plat. By the way you live in a excellent location was stationed in Alameda and loved the Bay area and Santa Rosa, should had stay their, oh well.

I think there is only a difference of 10.00 between Plat and Gold and with upgrades for life you just might need the additional features in the future.

On the authors site you can compare the two and see the difference.

As for the Bay area, thats 200 miles south of me; when I listed Northern California I mean NORTHERN, less than an hours drive into Oregon. LOL