Which dvd burner would you suggest me from the following

vbimport

hello

which IDE dvd burner would you suggest me?

1.‏DVR-118LBK DVD±RW x22 Black IDE LabelFlash‎-pioneer

2.‏DVD±RW GH22LP20 x22 Black LightScribe IDE -LG

3.‏DVR-A18LBK DVD±RW x22 Black IDE - pioneer

4.‏SH-S222A DVD±RW x22 Black IDE‎ - samsung

if you think either they are all worse or there are better ones at the same prices just tell me.

thanks!

Pioneer 118 is based on a Mediatek chipset. The fame of the Pioneer brand was based on their older burners with NEC chipset, though (up to 116).
I would recommend the LG or the Samsung. If you want to do quality scans the Samsung will be the better choice, but then again if you want a burner for scanning, you could also go for a LiteOn.

Hi,[QUOTE=kobi_af;2505523]
which IDE dvd burner would you suggest me?[/quote]None of the list below. Do you think you can get a Optiarc AD720xA series drive?

1.‏DVR-118LBK DVD±RW x22 Black IDE LabelFlash‎-pioneer
3.‏DVR-A18LBK DVD±RW x22 Black IDE - pioneer

These are basically the same. These Mediatek based Pioneer drives are not rated as good as their NEC chipset based predecessors.

2.‏DVD±RW GH22LP20 x22 Black LightScribe IDE -LG
I own this drive myself. Very good with CD-R, average with DVD media. Unfortunately very picky with the interface.

4.‏SH-S222A DVD±RW x22 Black IDE‎ - samsung
Samsung’s 22x drives aren’t the best :frowning:

Another option would be a decent Sata drive plus a PCI Sata controller card (preferred: Silicon Image chipset, non-Raid model or at least flashable). I’d then go for an Optiarc AD-724xS.

Michael

The 117/217 was the last “true” Pioneer DVD burner.

From your list I would haven chosen number 4. But Michael made an even better suggestion.