Which DVD burner should I choose from these?

vbimport

Hi Guys, it looks like my LiteON LH-20A1S srive is not able to read my Verbatim 8x DVD+RW DL media (ID: MKM-003), and I don’t think there’s a fix available for this. :frowning: So I’m planning to buy a new drive.

Here’s what I usually do:

• Burn DVD+RW DL Media (backups, etc) (important)
  • Burn DVD-RW Media
  • Burn Audio CDs (using CD-R media) (somewhat important)
  • But some CD-RWs
  • etc.

So I’ve been looking around the stores here and I seem to have 3 following choices of drives I can get:

• ASUS - DRW2014L1T
  • LG - GH20LS10
  • LITEON - iHAS220

Which of those do you guys think are the best? Or are they all not worth it? Is there something better available for my needs that I should consider?

At this moment, I’ll be burning a lot of Verbatim DVD+R DL discs.

(PS. LiteON advertises that the iHAS220 has some special feature that won’t have compatibility issues with future discs, is this true or a gimmick?)

Thanks in advance. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=raggedjagged;2140300]Hi Guys, it looks like my LiteON LH-20A1S srive is not able to read my Verbatim 8x DVD+RW DL media (ID: MKM-003), and I don’t think there’s a fix available for this. :frowning: So I’m planning to buy a new drive.

• Burn DVD+RW DL Media (backups, etc) (important)
  • Burn DVD-RW Media
  • But some CD-RWs
  • etc.

So I’ve been looking around the stores here and I seem to have 3 following choices of drives I can get:

• ASUS - DRW2014L1T
  • LG - GH20LS10
  • LITEON - iHAS220

Which of those do you guys think are the best? Or are they all not worth it? Is there something better available for my needs that I should consider?

At this moment, I’ll be burning a lot of Verbatim DVD+R DL discs.

(PS. LiteON advertises that the iHAS220 has some special feature that won’t have compatibility issues with future discs, is this true or a gimmick?)

Thanks in advance. :)[/QUOTE]

Need to correct you on the media.
There is only DVD+R DL not DVD+RW DL doesn’t exist. There is DVD+R and DVD+RW. Are you sure you got the liteon product right I find now such product in the US or EU site???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD%2BRW_DL
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3970769&Sku=L12-1166
http://www.directron.com/ihas22008.html

however i could not find a reputable online supplier of +RW DL media for U.S. customers.

Oops!! :doh: Yes I did mean DVD+R DL Discs, not RW, my bad.

The Verbatim 8x DVD+R DL Disc wouldn’t be recognized in my LiteON LH-20A1S drive…

Hi,[quote=raggedjagged;2140300]

(…)

(…)

• ASUS - DRW2014L1T

• LG - GH20LS10

• LITEON - iHAS220
    [/quote]Go for the LG if you want good CD quality.

Michael

Are you using SATA or PATA platform? If SATA I recommend the LG, but get the GH20LS15. Newer and better. Recommend buying at Newegg…good prices and customer service.

Thanks for the suggestions, yes I’d be looking for SATA.