In my own experience, the champions in error correction are;
- TSST SE208
- TSST LB23
- HL BU20
- SE-224FB (I do not own it. Tested at school).
- SE-506 (untested, but should cover SE208).
- eTAU108 handles damaged CDs very well, but not DVD.
- S182: handles audio CD good, but not CD-RW.
- BE14NU40 (but horrible for damaged CDDA BE14NU40: Horrible at dealing with damaged CDDA?).
- SU208CB: not so good for CDs, but supreme DVD error management.
- DVR-R07 handles damaged DVDs well, unlike CDs.
- Elta 6740 DVD boombox (good overall error correction performance, but handles damaged CDDA’s and VCD’s even better than any desktop drive I tested).
- Aiwa XP-EV500.
- Philips AZ382 (horrible at CDDA but excellent at MP3/WMA).
- Technics SL-PJ26A, JVC RC-EX30 (above average CDDA damage handling).
Could somebody battle a new Pioneer BD burner against them? And BE16NU50 and the 56× AOpen.
56× is crazily fast.
Edit suggestions (see Quora) are not possible on MyCE, unfortunately.