Which drive would you give away?

vbimport

I’m building a pc for the daughter of a family friend. My choices are:

Benq 1620 (really don’t want to part with it)
LG 4163
Pioneer 115

these are all ide and beige (main reason I even put the 1620 on the list)

Which of these would you put in the pc?

Thanks

I’d put the BenQ into her PC (I’m going to get shot for saying that) if I were in the same shoes.

The 4163 is, IMO, a legendary drive and terrific burner for both CDs and DVDs, while the 115D is also an excellent burner (and recent).

Waits for the flying tomatoes and things :slight_smile:

/me throws tomatoes and things at Arachne! :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d keep the BenQ DW1620 because it has unique feautures that you cannot find in any other drive still in production.

I’m not sure about the LG4163 since I never had one, but I suggest giving her the Pioneer which is a nice stable drive, and you should be able to get a replacement 115(D) or a 116(D) fairly easily.

If cost is an issue, I would give the 115D. You can get some really good drives nowadays though for $30 or less.

Give the lg and keep the benq and the pioneer for your self.

[QUOTE=vroom;2116858]Give the lg and keep the benq and the pioneer for your self.[/QUOTE]

Gasp :wink:

LOL @ Drage - there’s always one :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=vroom;2116858]Give the lg and keep the benq and the pioneer for your self.[/QUOTE]

I second that :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m seriously leaning towards giving the LG away, but then again I forgot to mention I have 3 - 1620’s, 1 - 1640 and 1 - 1655 (black). Maybe since I’m overloaded on the 1620’s I might give her one of those instead…hmm decisions, decisions.:confused:

Thanks again for all your thoughts and suggestions.

[QUOTE=Arachne;2116790]I’d put the BenQ into her PC (I’m going to get shot for saying that) if I were in the same shoes.

The 4163 is, IMO, a legendary drive and terrific burner for both CDs and DVDs, while the 115D is also an excellent burner (and recent).

Waits for the flying tomatoes and things :)[/QUOTE]
I agree. :iagree:

[QUOTE=fsh42na;2116917]I’m seriously leaning towards giving the LG away, but then again I forgot to mention [B][U]I have 3 - 1620’s,[/U][/B] 1 - 1640 and 1 - 1655 (black). Maybe since I’m overloaded on the 1620’s I might give her one of those instead…hmm decisions, decisions.:confused:

Thanks again for all your thoughts and suggestions.[/QUOTE]

That changes everything, what more can i say, give the benq then.

[QUOTE=vroom;2116951]That changes everything, what more can i say, give the benq then.[/QUOTE]

done
:bigsmile:

Especially if the daughter of your family friend is not so old yet, she will love the 1620´s red/green indicator light - for me this would be an extra reason to choose this one!!! :wink:

(Not to mention if she will discover the 1620´s scanning abilities, she could catch fire and start posting here in no time…) :bigsmile:

Give the BenQ.

[QUOTE=berky;2116970]Especially if the daughter of your family friend is not so old yet, she will love the 1620´s red/green indicator light - for me this would be an extra reason to choose this one!!! :wink:

(Not to mention if she will discover the 1620´s scanning abilities, she could catch fire and start posting here in no time…) :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

I also like the red led when burning. Too bad that newer drives only have one green led :(.

have 3 - 1620’

buy her a new drive and send me a benq. :slight_smile: I AM NOT JOKING :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=troy512;2117202]buy her a new drive and send me a benq. :slight_smile: I AM NOT JOKING :)[/QUOTE]

LMAO:bigsmile:

[QUOTE=fsh42na;2116917]I’m seriously leaning towards giving the LG away, but then again I forgot to mention I have 3 - 1620’s, 1 - 1640 and 1 - 1655 (black). Maybe since I’m overloaded on the 1620’s I might give her one of those instead…hmm decisions, decisions.:confused:[/QUOTE]

What?! You can never have too many BenQs.

[QUOTE=Some Random Guy;2117391]What?! You can never have too many BenQs.[/QUOTE]

My god YOU sir are the “Burnmeister”. I thought I had too many burners. You put me to shame.

Back to my Benq’s, I think I’m gonna just give her the Pioneer or the LG. I’m sooo attached to my Benq’s. Besides my friends daughter is an adolescent PITA. Think of a female Eddie Haskel (I’m dating myself now:eek:). I don’t want to give her something too nice. The little pill wouldn’t appreciate it anyway.