Which drive or burner to rip audio cd protected with key2audio or cactus data 200?

Hi, I would like to buy a new burner or a new dvd rom drive to rip audio protected cd but I don’t know which reader or burner can read both the key2audio protection and the cactus data 200 without a hassle. I heard that the yamaha crw-f1 could read key2audio but could not rip audio cd protected with the cactus data shield 200 protection. Thank you for your answers.

I would suggest a Plextor. For example the latest Plextor 40sp writer reads (almost?) all different versions of key2audio or Cactus Data Shield 100/200. Search for the posts of XORFF, check his signature and look for the website on Brennmeister.com where he refers to. He has created a list of hardware which is able to deal with audio copy protections.

Please refer to http://www.brennmeister.com/forum/viewtopic.php?topic=21949&forum=12&28.

XORFF is it possible to adjust your signature and the internet page you’re referring to, because it’s so poorly organized.

The information you have there is great only I don’t “understand” it.

Example:
CDS100 CDS200 K2A
+/+/- +/+/+/+/+/+ +/+/+/+

Does this mean there are 3 versions of CDS100, 6 versions of CDS200 and 4 versions of K2A, and where is CDS300?

Can’t you just put the versions in the list and make it a little bit more organized (maybe you can put it in an excel/pdf-file or something like that: using columns).

If you could do this it would be a great information-page for everyone.

For the record:
You’ve done some great work, keep it going. :bow:

His signature looks fine in IE 5.5. I agree with the link to the Brennmeister forum, the information is hard to read like this.

@Namoh,

I’m afraid I don’t know a feasible solution.
I agree entirely that the matrix is a bit difficult to read. That board ignores the font and size tags. I’d suggest to copy the matrix to a text editor with a fixed font. Then you can see the columns.
Beyond the matrix there’s a legend explaining the different versions and the symbols I used. Unfortonately it’s in german. But I’m planning to translate it…

CDS100 CDS200 K2A
+/+/- +/+/+/+/+/+ +/+/+/+

Does this mean there are 3 versions of CDS100, 6 versions of CDS200 and 4 versions of K2A, and where is CDS300?

Yes, it does. There are 3 versions of CDS100, etc. CDS300 is not mentioned in the matrix because there haven’t been any discs with that protection, yet.

@XORFF

Now your signature is corrupt again…

@Upp3rd0G,

I’m sorry to hear that. I’ve just reduced the size down to 2. Hopefully this will help…

Yep, now it looks good again!