A few weeks ago I built a brand new system, including a DVR109, and I must say I’m very happy with it…
Now I would like to add a 2nd optical drive in my system, whatever it is, CD burner, DVD burner, DVD-ROM, etc…
In fact, my only concern is to find a drive which would be a top performer where the DVR109 has a few weaknesses…
My requirements :
- top quality audio extraction
- top quality CD-R and CD-RW recording
- top quality CD-R error correction
- 90 and 99 min media support
For the rest, I don’t really care : slow / fast / very fast burner ? slow / fast / very fast DVD ripper ? reads DVDs ? burns DVDs ??
Initially I was about to buy a Plextor Premium CD-R burner… but I think it is way too expensive (more expensive around here than the DVR109 !!). My second choice now could be :
- Plextor 5224 (not as fast as Premium 5232… but as goos as a burner ??)
- coming Plextor PX230A ??
- Aopen 5232/AAH PRO
- Samsung TS-H492A
- Any other proposal ?? Lite-on ? BENQ ?
I’d be glad to know what you think about these drives and if you have any (good or bad) experience with them ??
Last but not least : I dont’ want this 2nd optical drive to be more expensive than the DVR109…
Thanks a lot for your hep !!!