Which drive is a PLDS DS-8A5SH?

I can’t find this one on the forum.

Flash Utility v5.0.0 revealed firmware XD12, dated 2010-06-01: “PLDS DVD±RW DS-8A5SHXD122010/06/01 11:06”.
Even the official DELL page only lists XD11, released 2010-10-29 (?): http://tinyurl.com/34lctn9

Is there any possibility to crossflash to [whatever]?

Thanks,

Its a LiteON DS-8A5SH drive, but I’m not aware of any other OEM firmware being available for it (other than than the Dell XD11 of course) , so at the moment you can’t flash it with any other OEM firmware because there isn’t any available… also I don’t think there are any other known clones of this LiteON drive either …

At least the firmware you’ve got is newer than the latest available so far … Can you please dump the firmware with the Flash Utility and post a copy of the XD12 firmware here? Thanks!

Please have a look at this one:
http://hotfile.com/dl/98974437/7a5de0f/PLDS_DVD-RW_DS-8A5SH_XD12.zip.html

hi
i also have the same problem.
my laptop is : dell inspiron n5010
my dvd rom is : plds ds-8a5sh_____xd12

the file that you uploaded in hotfile has been removed from the server.

can you upload this again in the another server like rapidshare ? :frowning: :confused:

[QUOTE=adamin;2586904]hi
i also have the same problem.
my laptop is : dell inspiron n5010
my dvd rom is : plds ds-8a5sh_____xd12

the file that you uploaded in hotfile has been removed from the server.

can you upload this again in the another server like rapidshare ? :frowning: :confused:[/QUOTE]

What problem? Your drive already has the XD12 firmware on board. Why do you need another copy of the same XD12 firmware, if you already have it?

Better go to Dell, download the latest version XD13 (http://ftp.us.dell.com/rmsd/SA5_XD13.zip) which was just released on 20.04.2011 and update your drive to the latest XD13 firmware.

i have dell inspiron n5010 with genuine windows 7 32 bit

i know that this model have 4 GB ram therefore for access to all 4 GB memory i must have windows 7 64 bit but when i buy this laptop ; windows 7 32 bit installed on it.

in the first several days my dvd rom (plds ds-8a5sh) works good but recently the driver of dvd rom has been corrupted and in the device manager the icon of dvd rom changed to yellow color. i do below solutions but none of these operate.

1- i uninstall the driver and restart the windows but driver install incorrectly

2- i downloaded the XD11 and XD13 from the dell website and run those ; but windows show below error:

" this utility is only for plds dvd±rw ds-8a5sh ver:1.00 drive "

i think that the XD12 version only works for me because i see below information in the properties of dvd rom in the device manager:

" plds dvd±rw ds-8a5sh_________XD12_________ … " :doh::confused:

[QUOTE=adamin;2586944]i have dell inspiron n5010 with genuine windows 7 32 bit

i know that this model have 4 GB ram therefore for access to all 4 GB memory i must have windows 7 64 bit but when i buy this laptop ; windows 7 32 bit installed on it.[/QUOTE]

That has nothing to do with your optical drive or with this issue.

[QUOTE=adamin;2586944]in the first several days my dvd rom (plds ds-8a5sh) works good but recently the driver of dvd rom has been corrupted and in the device manager the icon of dvd rom changed to yellow color. i do below solutions but none of these operate.[/QUOTE]

This is a Windows problem and has nothing to do with the firmware of your drive. You need to solve this problem first in order to update your drive.

[QUOTE=adamin;2586944]
1- i uninstall the driver and restart the windows but driver install incorrectly[/QUOTE]

Try uninstalling your controller driver and let Windows re-discover it on restart. Maybe that will solve your problem. Depending on your chipset, maybe there’s an updated version of the chipset or storage drivers available, either from Dell or from Intel, nVidia, etc depending on which chipset you have. Updating your chipset drivers might solve the issue.

[QUOTE=adamin;2586944]
2- i downloaded the XD11 and XD13 from the dell website and run those ; but windows show below error:

" this utility is only for plds dvd±rw ds-8a5sh ver:1.00 drive "

i think that the XD12 version only works for me because i see below information in the properties of dvd rom in the device manager:

" plds dvd±rw ds-8a5sh_________XD12_________ … " :doh::confused:[/QUOTE]

XD13 should work just fine with your drive. The reason it doesn’t is because your drive is not properly installed in Windows and as such the LiteON updater can’t see the drive.

Updating the firmware won’t work until the drive is properly seen by Windows and the driver correctly installed, so you first need to solve your Windows driver issue/corruption problem and only then try to update the firmware. Your problem is a driver issue in Windows, and updating the drive’s firmware alone won’t solve it.