Which commandments did you break?

Even if you’re not a religious person, you probably have heard of the ten commandments:

You shall have no other gods before me.
You shall not make for yourself an idol.
You shall not make wrongful use of the name of the Lord your God.
Remember the Sabbath, and keep it holy.
Honor your father and your mother.
You shall not murder.
You shall not commit adultery.
You shall not steal.
You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife.
You shall not covet your neighbor’s house.

Though it is fairly easy for a non-religious person to break some of them we may have some religious people on the forum as well. But this poll is for all people!

Which ones did you actually break? Not the ones you don’t recognize or choose to ignore, even if you do not follow any religion. But which ones did you break? Have you considered yourself an idol once? Did you steal? For the love of God (or Allah or Buddah or Vishnu or [insert your favourite god(s) here]) i sure hope you did not commit murder.

For me:

You shall have no other gods before me: Well sorry “God”, but i’m interested in other religions as well

You shall not make for yourself an idol: I don’t think i ever did.

You shall not make wrongful use of the name of the Lord your God: Dammit! :slight_smile:

Remember the Sabbath, and keep it holy: not really

Honor your father and your mother: not always i will admit.

You shall not murder: never done that, hope to keep it that way forever

You shall not commit adultery: nope

You shall not steal: errr, childhood malfunctions i guess.

You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor: dunno, did i?

You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife: nah

You shall not covet your neighbor’s house: nah

ok i’m guilty of Number 7

but in my defense…he did not tell me he was married…till months later…and then I dropped him…

I’d say he goes to hell and you still have a ticket to heaven. Unfortunately i won’t be making that decision.

Hey you know when i was screaming Oh God…i didn’t mean for you to take that literally :bigsmile:

Technically, to commit adultery you have to be married, so he did, but you didnt.

If it werent the case, i would rot in hell for ever and ever

As I’m evil, I inherently broke all of them, without ever being married or having a neighbor! :wink:

I’m just a bad, bad boy! (Oh the pain, the pain!)

“For me:
You shall have no other gods before me: Well sorry “God”, but i’m interested in other religions as well”

To Mr.Belvedere: thats fine I guess, as long as by “God” u mean the creator of the universe. If u suddenly start worshiping gods of the monitor, high UV index and intake manifold, thats when i’d say you r searching to hard :wink:

I’ve broken too many to list, but I try to change… :smiley:

You shall have no other gods before me: I’m pretty sure we all either have a different religion or haven’t submitted totally to God.

You shall not make for yourself an idol: Even something as simple as the love of money is an idol

You shall not make wrongful use of the name of the Lord your God: SS made me do it :bigsmile:

Remember the Sabbath, and keep it holy: i try, but i’ve definitely broken it

Honor your father and your mother: not even close at times

You shall not murder: techinically speaking, hating someone is just as bad as murder according to the Bible :wink:

You shall not commit adultery: this doesn’t mean having an affair while married, i think it’s more along the line of any sexual immorality. (anyone ever lust before? :p)

You shall not steal: i admit it…i stole a bouncy ball when i was younger :stuck_out_tongue:

You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor: i am definitely a filthy liar

You shall not covet your neighbor’s house: who wouldn’t want a nicer house?

How do we even know that’s true?! You might be uhh… lying… never mind. :doh: :stuck_out_tongue:

Lol i was waiting to bamboozle someone with that statement :stuck_out_tongue:

Everyone has blasphemed … and those that say they haven’t, are lying … oops, there goes another commandment :stuck_out_tongue:

Remember the sabbath … I haven’t been to church in many, many years. But I’m sure that thanking god for the weekend counts as a bonus, right?

“Honor your mother and you father” … it’s a terrible thing for a kid to realise he’s smarter than at least one of his parents, then both his parents … when he’s still only 12 yrs old :stuck_out_tongue:

“You shall not commit adultery”

Hmm … how many married blokes haven’t had a whack off in the shower …
I’m sure that counts as well. And I vaguely remember that god fried some bloke for whipping it out early while he was doing his wife :stuck_out_tongue:
I’m not married (thank the lord).

Amen brother, Amen! I’m with ya!

I think I’ll take the 5th on this one :bigsmile:

Please do! :iagree:

We don’t want you breaking the 5th commandment in here! :wink:

The fifth commandment: Thou shalt not kill!

I hope you’re not confusing commandments and amendments?
They are not the same! :stuck_out_tongue:

Nah, it was my poor attempt at humour - I know the difference :bigsmile:

Hmmm, “Thou shalt not kill”…looks at hit-list

:bigsmile:

Yo-

With as many times as you have slapped geno with a frozen kipper - it is a surprise that he is still alive-eh!

I think he’s immune to it now :bigsmile:

uh? who called me? :bigsmile:

the cdfreaks 10 :bigsmile: