Which class of Verbatim is best

vbimport

I am curious to find out what is the choice blank dvd media. I would like to know which class of Verbatim is recomended. I have used the 4.7 but I am leaning toward getting the 8.5 because I feel that would increase the quality of a full disc copy. I would like some feedback from more experienced members about this. Thank you:bow:

I personally use the SL discs for 99% of my backups. I rarely find a movie worthy of the extra cost of a DL, but remember Verbatim only for DL projects and make sure they are Made in Singapore.

I too use Verbatim 4.7 GB (SL) discs 99% of the time. Specifically, 16x DVD+R (MCC004), which happen to be my favourite media at the moment.

Should you ever need to use DL discs though, again Verbatim DL +R would be my pick (Made in Singapore, as mentioned).

:slight_smile:

i use sl DVD+/-r for my backups for 70% and dual layer for 20% and BD-R for the tother 10% :bigsmile: but any verb aslong as it isnt fake will be spot on :stuck_out_tongue: , but i wouldnt waste a dual layer on a film thats 5 gb etc :slight_smile:

I will copy to DL after I watch a movie and if the extra’s are good enough to keep. :iagree:

The rest on SL Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim only. :iagree:
DL verbatim only. :iagree:

Happy Burning :iagree: :iagree:

bean55

Okay so what I have gathered from the replies is I should only use the 8.5(DL) if the movie is big enough, like say anything over 5GB and for any other movie under 5GB the 4.7(SL) should do fine. I see also to make sure the Verbatim come from Singapore. I geuss I wouldn’t lose very much quality if I put a 5 or 5.5GB movie onto a 4.7 (SL) disc. Thank you all for the info and help.

[QUOTE=jaewest1;2075362]I see also to make sure the Verbatim come from Singapore.[/QUOTE]

Only for DL Verbatim discs. For SL, Made in Taiwan or India should do just fine.

Okay so SL discs are okay from Twain and India also but the DL discs are ONLY Singapore. Got it. Thank you for all the valuable information.:clap:

Yup, got it in one :iagree:…and you’re welcome :wink:

like say anything over 5GB and for any other movie under 5GB the 4.7(SL) should do fine.

That is a bit of a broad statement. I would backup a movie or two and determine when “you” feel the quality warrants moving up to a DL disc with no compression. Some people are comfortable with much more quality dip than others are and it can depend on the equipment you are using with the final product.

Very good sugesstion. That would probably be the better way to go. I am currently using my laptop dvd drive but I am in the process of getting a Sony Blu Ray read/write drive. It does standard discs as well. I believe the burn speed for standard discs is a little slower on a blu ray drive though. I will however go with your suggestion before I run out and get the DL Verbatim discs and see where it takes me from there.

what everyone said are good suggestions. But if you want to learn more about blank media then read the blank media section of this forum. You can learn a lot as I did.

[I] I will have to do that. Thanks for the info.[/I]

Might be a little late here but I would stay away from Verb’s made in India as I have seen a lot of people having trouble with them

[QUOTE=Jimbo;2076666]Might be a little late here but I would stay away from Verb’s made in India as I have seen a lot of people having trouble with them[/QUOTE]

The single layer Made in India Verbies that we get here in the UK are excellent…wouldn’t know about the Made in India DLs. So for DL it’s best to stick with Made in Singapore. :slight_smile: