Which CD-R's can contain over 730MB's

vbimport

Which 80 min CD-R’s are capable of containing more than the standard 700MB
e.g i have lead data cd-r’s that claim to have 730MB’s
Do you know of CD-R’s that have the same amaount or more?
Or do you know a site on which i can find a comparison of all of the cd-r’s?

In’t kort: wie weet of er 80 min cd’s zijn die meer dan 700MB kunnen bevatten (lead data stelt dat die er 730 kan bevatten).
Of weet je misschien een site waar het allemaal op staat?

ALVAST BEDANKT VRIENDEN

Het gaat er nu juist om om die cd-r’s te vinden die meer dan die 700Mb kunnen bevatten. Speciaal als je probeert clone cd te gebruiken of nero.
wie weet dat ?

[This message has been edited by dombo (edited 17 February 2000).]

If I’m not misstaken it means that you can burn up to 730MB audio and up to 700MB Data.
Data and audio are written in different modes which use different block sizes and that’s why you can write “more” audio than data

Officieel gaat er op een 80-minuten cd maar +/- 700 MB. Je kunt ze wel overburnen naar maar, maar hoeveel hangt af van je brander en soort cdr’s. Als audio gaat er wel meer op. De sector grote van audio is een stuk groter omdat audio geen checksum data bevat. Data sector zijn 2048 bytes en audio 23xx dus iets meer. Als je dus 80 minuten audio van een cd zou rippen als wav heb je wel mooi 800 MB !

Greetz,

pSyChO dAd

ik heb al een deel van het antwood gevonden op
http://www.fokus.gmd.de/research/cc/glone/employees/joerg.schilling/private/cdrecord.html

greetz

Here is the solution why they say there’s 730 mb on one CDr: every cd has a so-called TOC (Table Of Contents), this is where the cd writer burns a “inlay” so the cd knows what is on it!
This “inlay” is about 30 mb!!! So every 650 mb CDr you’ve got is actually 680 mb!!! And a 700 mb CDr is… yes, 730 mb!!!
OK?! I hope you’ve learned something today!!!
Good luck burning!!!

ps. I did hear something from a guy from my work about 95 min cdr’s! He read about it somewhere on the Inet! Gonna hear him out tommorow… uh today!!!

Wookie,
weet jij al welke cd-s dat zijn?

Traxdata has always stated to have 30mb more on there empty cd’s but that’s only because of the inlay like Wookie said. So they are not really bigger.

Djewst