Which card should I get?

vbimport

Which card should I get? I dont really need 32GB; 16GB is enough. I dont shoot video often, and those I do are only a couple of minutes.
I see some comments state class10 is different among brands. How’s that possible
if manufacturers have to comply with the specs? Is there a way to test if the card is truly class10?

16gb:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/700169-REG/Transcend_TS16GSDHC10_16GB_SDHC_Card.html

32gb:

Well, the first one offers lifetime warranty. Class 10 means it should at least be able to write at 10MB/sec.

If 16GB is enough, I’d say both of them are fine :wink: Be sure to post a benchmark once you’ve got it. It can help others picking their card!

I can recommend you Sandisk. Buy a brand instead of noname. You get more speed and reliability wich is the most important thing

Sandisk, Sony or Kingston all are best brands of memory cards.

[QUOTE=Romphotog;2654003]
I see some comments state class10 is different among brands. How’s that possible
if manufacturers have to comply with the specs? Is there a way to test if the card is truly class10?
[/QUOTE]

One good rule of thumb is to look for a manufacturer statement of actual read and write speeds. Absent that, assume its a snail. You’re right that a Class 10 rating means almost nothing.

And don´t buy via eBay or any unknown sellers: I bought 3 Kingstons via eBay and they all failed within a few months!

I buy a lot of things from ebay & usually do OK but I agree with dean on this.
The one card I bought on ebay was a 32GB MicroSD turned out it would only hold 8GB maybe. When I tried to put more data than that it would erase some of the data it already had on it. So I didn’t trust it with any data. My opinion is it is a fake.

Article about fake capacity and detection

As some people suggested above, first look for the official read/write speeds for the card. Also, go for SanDisk, Kingston or some reputed brand, but its your own choice. Hope it helps.