Which burner to buy?

Hello, I would like to ask some advice as I’m thinking of replacing my old pioneer dvr-107d with a new dvd burner.

Having the choice between a pioneer DVR-112D and the lite-on LH20A1H, which one should I buy?

Things I do with my burner :
Burn data DVD’s (lots)
Some PS2 Backups (8x DVD-R, the ps2 seems to read it best)

What I’m looking for is a combination of a good reader as well as a burner which can provide high quality burns(high quality burns are in particular for the ps2 backups, so 8x burn speeds or below are enough for me)

I don’t really care if it can read CD/CDR’s or not, have another drive for that.

Any advice? (maybe even recommend some other burner’s I can get instead)

edit : I’m currently using Mitsubishi Kagaku Media (MCC 02RG20), TY’s are hard to come by here.

Thanks!

Go with the Pioneer DVR-112D. I have it and have never had a read problem with any PS2 backup (or anything else really).

I’d check the poll at the top of the page and go with whichever is more popular.

Yo-

Suggest going with the Pioneer - since it is what you are most familiar with - also look in the Bargain Basement and my post on the LiteOn SHW-160P6S at www.ecost.com - I have had mine for a year or more and I just bought two more as back up replacements-eh!

I bought both :slight_smile:

If you want quality scans go with the liteon, if you don’t trust them anyway go with the pioneer ;D

go with pioneer better burn quality.

after my experience with LH20A1H, i lost all faith in lite-on for another year or two.

well based on everyone suggestions I’m gonna go with the dvr112d =)

picking it up today

thanks for the help guys!