vbimport

I am going to buy a 24x Burner?

Which one Shall I get ?

1. Sony CRX-175A1 (With Power Burn)

2. Sony CRX-175A1 (Without Power Burn)

3. Asus CRW-2410S

4. Samsung 24x

Please suggest as soon as possible.

None of the above. If you want a 24x burner, get a Lite-on Ltr-24102B. It’s a superb writer, handles all common game protections (no good for copy protected audio mind), isn’t picky about media quality and works best at maximum speed (irrespective of rated speed of media). Oh, and they’re also cheap.

I was thinking the same, but they are not available in India.

According to clonecd’s site the sony 175A1 supports correct EFM encoding (a re-badged Lite-on perhaps; some sonys are) so I’d go with the powerburn version of that. (If it really is a re-badged Litey it will be the Ltr-24102B anyway.):slight_smile:

What is the price for these burners in India? Can you tell me?

TIA

F.P.

I was thinking the same, but they are not available in India.

Thought the same too. Got a Liteon 32125W in Chennai recently for Rs. 5600 (That’s about US $115) and immediately OC’ed to 48125W. It’s not available in Bangalore though.

It’s much cheaper buying in the US, but I won’t be there until later this year. So I went for the local buy.

asus 40x. bump it up to that one :smiley:

The Prices in India converted to US$ (Avg. 1 US$ = Rs. 50)

1. Sony - US$ 74

2. Asus - US $ 79

3. Samsung - US$ 70

Hey ! BurnProof, thats a Good News. I thought the Lite-ons will never reach India.

I have access to the UK market, but Dad will not be going there for the time being & my current burner is DEAD.

Can you mail me the Contact details on Retailer from whom you bought the Lite-on. My e-mail address is darshanjog@hotmail.com

If its available in Chennai, it must be available at Lamington Road (Bombay). It is considered as the Mecca of Computer hardware in India.

BurnProof, Are you an Indian or you work in India?

None of the above. If you want a 24x burner, get a Lite-on Ltr-24102B. It’s a superb writer, handles all common game protections (no good for copy protected audio mind), isn’t picky about media quality and works best at maximum speed (irrespective of rated speed of media). Oh, and they’re also cheap

Asus 40x and 48x, better reading, beats audio protections (or so its claimed) roughly same price, handles same protections.

Darshan,

Check your mail.

Originally posted by Huzzy
[B]

Asus 40x and 48x, better reading, beats audio protections (or so its claimed) roughly same price, handles same protections. [/B]

Roughly same price! What are you paying up there in Sydney? You can pick up a 24x Litey here in Melbourne for 100aud and the 32x for about 110aud. No way you can get the 40x or 48x Asus that cheap. (Great burners by all accounts mind you and probably similar in price to the 40x and 48x Liteys.)

Originally posted by philamber

Roughly same price! What are you paying up there in Sydney? You can pick up a 24x Litey here in Melbourne for 100aud and the 32x for about 110aud. No way you can get the 40x or 48x Asus that cheap. (Great burners by all accounts mind you and probably similar in price to the 40x and 48x Liteys.)

point taken, i was thinking/comparing the 40/48x liteys.

appologies.

Ok, all of you guys made your point clear and simple; liteon is the best, but I can’t find this liteon on any local store and I got to choose between one of two drives ASUS 32X and SONY 32X. I’m using SONY 145E right now and it’s great -but not for copying games :frowning:

The ASUS can do overburn and support 99 CDs, should I go for it or for the SONY (which can’t over burn) ?

I don’t care much about being able to copy (hard to copy games) but I’d like to know, is the ASUS as durable and good as SONY or not?

The ASUS is generally of better build quality than the Sony. Incidentally, quite a few Sony drives are rebadged Liteons. You might be able to flash the Sony drive to a Liteon.

Thanks for the mail BurnProof.

Will reply shortly.

BurnProof,

Check your mail.

get the asus

Does the ASUS 24x do any Copy Protections ??

this has been covered before.

use the search function or check the clone cd website here

you have to help yourself before others will help you