Which burn is for your best copies?

vbimport

I am sure there is no right answer but I would appreciate opinions. First, I need to know if the purple dye in Ritek G05, MCC, and TY is Azo. Assuming it is, I would like to know which disc you would use for your most valued copies.

Would you take a disc with Azo dye even though it has burns which are slightly worse or would you choose a disc that is non-azo but has a better burn.

The bettter burn has no PIF over 2 and has a PIF count less than 300. The PI is a level curve in the teens. The worse burn has one or two PIFs at 4 and the rest under 2 with a total count under 900. The PI curve is also in the teens until the end when it curves up to 40 for the last 10% of the disc.

I know both of these are great burns and are very readable. I am just looking for some advice as to which disc I should keep for the best copies.

TIA

Verbatim,TY and Maxell are mostly in my spindles.

Yo-

I burn all the critical stuff to either Taiyo Yuden, Verbatim or Maxell media - copy your best to the best - why not??

Mike

TY dye isn’t AZO.

TY T02 and MCC004.

Would you take a disc with Azo dye even though it has burns which are slightly worse or would you choose a disc that is non-azo but has a better burn.
Better burn. If it’s a valuable data backup, I burn at the certified speed only. For movie backup, I burn at the highest speed and keep the original safe. :wink: