Which burn engine?

vbimport

I am curious which burn engine do you like best? Do you think one is better than any of the others?

1. VSO?
  2. Nero?
  3. ImgBurn?

1. Img…the best burn engine on the planet…that I know of anyway.
    Only weak point for me is that it is not fully integrated “yet” with platinum.
    The fact that it is partially integrated (it’s now an option within platinum) is a huge plus for me. It’s great to see LUK! in an "arrangement"with Fengtao.
    It just doesn’t get any better than this…:clap::cool:

2. VSO…has always been a solid burn engine for me…a few minor bumps in the road for me personally, but solid.
    I think the turning point for me with VSO was when they redesigned their burn engine and made DL burning with platinum a viable alternative to using outside software. The major hurdle here was the handling of the LB. My DL burns with VSO play flawlessly.
    Another minor point is that there’s no bitstting with VSO for my samsung 203B. So far the sammy is my only burner to really handle well, and take full advantage of the faster Verb +R DL (MKM 003).
    Img will bitset this drive.
    To be honest, I see this as Samsung’s failing less than Fab/VSO

3. Nero (distant 3rd)…lacks the overall quality of 1 & 2, etc., etc.,…
    If nothing else works, then I’ll use nero…otherwise it sits in my rig racking up a lot of idle time…:bigsmile:

ImgBurn & today is this planet’s inhabitants lucky day.

I have to agree with the maineman and beef barley here. I have only ever used the VSO burning engine up till this time. But since Fengtao incorporated it with Fab and I gave it a whorl yesterday for the first time, well I’m completely spoken for now, LOL. It’s great and works like a breeze. ~ Mike

I will definitely have to try out this ImgBurn than this was really the first I have heard of it was this update.

[QUOTE=maineman;1997246]It’s great to see LUK! in an "arrangement"with Fengtao.
[/QUOTE]There is no “arrangement” or anything else. No way LUK! woud be involved in any product which included decryption. AFAIK, Fengtao is simply using the CLI features of ImgBurn, available to anyone.

Sigh …

Regards

[QUOTE=blutach;1997526]There is no “arrangement” or anything else. No way LUK! woud be involved in any product which included decryption. AFAIK, Fengtao is simply using the CLI features of ImgBurn, available to anyone.

Sigh …

Regards[/QUOTE]heyyo blutach (Les) now that i know a little history on you i can understand your position on things :rolleyes:

oh yeah and your sig.

[QUOTE=blutach;1997526]There is no “arrangement” or anything else. No way LUK! woud be involved in any product which included decryption. AFAIK, Fengtao is simply using the CLI features of ImgBurn, available to anyone.

Sigh …

Regards[/QUOTE]

Bigger sigh…:rolleyes:

@Bob

Thanks muchly for that - it is greatly appreciated; however, I suspect this thread is not the place to discuss such matters :slight_smile:

@maineman - there really is a distinction between (a) 2 people actively cooperating on something (which might get one of them in a great deal of trouble) and (b) one person simply taking advantage of published ways to hook into a 3rd party program.

Regards

[QUOTE=blutach;1997544]@Bob

Thanks muchly for that - it is greatly appreciated; however, I suspect this thread is not the place to discuss such matters :)[/QUOTE]yeah i have only read one side of the story :wink: