Which brand is good to choose?

vbimport

Hi, I wanna ask a question. In my country they sell some good brands like: Maxell, TDK, Mitsubishi, Verbatim. These names are written on discs, I don’t mention the codes. These brands’ prices are approximately the same. Can anyone help me which one should I? Which one is the best choice?

Out of the list you’ve put up I would have to say Mitsubishi… Although personally I wouldn’t use them because out of a pack of 50 once I had 9 duds… When they burn tho, they do burn nicely… Hope this helps…Gld :slight_smile:

According to what u said, I don’t think it’s good enough :D. Why don’t I choose Verbatim or TDK? They usually advise me to buy those

Definitely Verbatim - it offers the best ratio of reliability, quality, compatibility and price.

Thanks pepst, have u ever bought a pack of 50 Verbatim discs and caught some fake or poor quality discs there?

+1 for Verbatim here :iagree:

Never had any fake Verbies myself.

Verbies are really good.
I have bought some 10 pieces cakebox (both +R and -R) and have to say that same discs in jewel case are sligthly better. Almost all discs from cakebox create quite notable vibration in burner while jewel case discs are much more quiet. Even scans show slightly better results for these. Burner itself is probably far from top class (notebook slim Optiarc AD-7700H) and unsuitable for scanning but it gives me some basic idea at least. Currently my only option to burn discs unfortunately.

Verbatims with AZO dye, not the value line.

The last batch of Verb’s i bought were the 2.4x dvd9 20 pack BB was blowing out. Almost 1/2 of the were badly scratched on the outer 1/3 1st time off the spindle.

I am so tired of spending money I don’t have on junk & poorly packed discs. I’m assuming the 2.4x Verbs were nos, where I really didn’t expect problems.

[QUOTE=Hannez;2674342]Verbies are really good.
I have bought some 10 pieces cakebox (both +R and -R) and have to say that same discs in jewel case are sligthly better. Almost all discs from cakebox create quite notable vibration in burner while jewel case discs are much more quiet. Even scans show slightly better results for these. Burner itself is probably far from top class (notebook slim Optiarc AD-7700H) and unsuitable for scanning but it gives me some basic idea at least. Currently my only option to burn discs unfortunately.[/QUOTE]

In my experience the problem cakebox spindle dvdr’s is they are not packed tight enough (not enough spacers), so the discs get lots of small scratches during shipping from bouncing around.

I’ve noticed with TY, the tape wrap cakes are about $5 more per 100. As the tape is cheaper than the plastic covers, the pricing has got to be a quality issue.

I always used verbatim and TDK :smiley:

Verbatims r best and is compatible with almost all the drives out there, Imation is good too but u may get coasters, Sony also is good too. LG’s disc are also good. U may get other unpopular brands depending on ur region, don’t buy those unpopular brands.

[QUOTE=hermes_vb;2674864]Verbatims with AZO dye, not the value line.[/QUOTE]

We don’t have the Value Line here (UK), luckily. We do have the Pearl Whites though, which I’d also stay away from :iagree:

[QUOTE=bomanhkhoe;2674127]Hi, I wanna ask a question. In my country they sell some good brands like: Maxell, TDK, Mitsubishi, Verbatim. These names are written on discs, I don’t mention the codes. These brands’ prices are approximately the same. Can anyone help me which one should I? Which one is the best choice?[/QUOTE]

Optical disk manufacturer outsource their product and don’t manufacturer their optical disks in-house All so-called OEM brands seem to burn just fine. I’ve burned two coaster in three years which was about a month ago. The BD-R’s were labeled Verbatim. I was in the process of shipping them back them back to Amazon. The third one and all subsequent disks worked fine. I had already setup shipping arrangements but Amazon told me to either throw them away, give them away or use them to my liking. Pretty cool, 25 free BD-R’s.