Which Blu-Ray R format should I use?

:rolleyes::rolleyes:Hi,

I hope a nice easy question.

I want to copy my files and downloads onto a BluRay BD-R disc using Nero 9 and store them there as an archive for the next few years. I do not want any sort of ‘backitup’ solution.

Nero 9 offers :

Blu Ray (ISO)
Blu-Ray Disc Copy (whatever that is…)
Blu-Ray UDF

At the back of my mind is straight forward copy onto a Read Only Blu-Ray Disk so I can read it in the future without any extra software or fiddling about…

Which one should I use guys?

I’m in my usual hurry but would like to know what the virtues of each are.

You probably want to use ISO for files (data), because some versions of Windows won’t recognize UDF 2.5 format natively without some additional software like UDFReader. Disc Copy is for copying 1 disc onto another. UDF is used for Blu-Ray players - you would use it for burning Blu-Ray BDMV structure for playback of a backup copy of a Blu-Ray movie.

ISO has a filesize limit (i think it’s 4gb), so I prefer UDF 1.02. It’s also the most compatible of the UDF formats. Vista supports UDF 2.5, but XP (SP1, SP2) requires additional drivers.

[QUOTE=Dalen Quaice;2242573]You probably want to use ISO for files (data), because some versions of Windows won’t recognize UDF 2.5 format natively without some additional software like UDFReader. Disc Copy is for copying 1 disc onto another. UDF is used for Blu-Ray players - you would use it for burning Blu-Ray BDMV structure for playback of a backup copy of a Blu-Ray movie.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Excellent!

[QUOTE=micky46;2242616]ISO has a filesize limit (i think it’s 4gb), so I prefer UDF 1.02. It’s also the most compatible of the UDF formats. Vista supports UDF 2.5, but XP (SP1, SP2) requires additional drivers.[/QUOTE]

Very helpful. Thanks!

By the way, does anyone have any tips: e.g. Juliet naming, cache changes etc…?